Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Yummm...

So I recently joined a produce co-op through a mom I know from My Gym. Today I got my first box of produce and I'm soooo excited!

Doesn't it all look yummy?

The thing I like about this co-op is that they tell you ahead of time what you're getting and you can substitute items if you don't want something. For the most part the items are local and while they're not all organic they have some things that are. In this week's box we got kale (I substituted sweet potatoes), corn, cauliflower (I substituted corn), lettuce (you got to pick what kind you want...I got romaine), potatoes (you got to pick what kind and I got sweet), tomatoes (I got a regular garden one), zuchinni, cucumber, lemons, limes, and vidalia onions. They have a small box that feeds 1-2 people and a regular box that feeds 4-6. I got the small one and I think that's probably what I'll get most weeks but we'll see. I also like that each time you order (every 2 weeks) they have a selection of other foods that you can pay extra to get. So this time I got organic carrots, red hoop cheese, apples, pineapple, strawberries, local honey, and green beans.

Tonight for dinner we had pork chops, grilled, fresh corn, and fresh green beans. It was oh so yummy! I am thrilled with the quality of the produce! For dessert we had our fresh cheese...a huge hit at my house!


On tomorrow's menu we have grilled chicken kabobs with pineapple on them and a salad with our fresh lettuce, tomato, and cucumber!

No comments:

Post a Comment