Monday, May 21, 2012

Monday Musings

  • I love that Ellie can crawl...she is so much more content and I've been able to get a lot more done around the house.
  • We were a mess tonight. First Ellie threw her rice all over my chair while I was trying to get my dinner ready. She took a big fistful of rice and purposefully flung it on my chair. Then Emmie was eating applesauce and got it literally from the top of her head to her toes...not quite sure how she managed to make such a mess. THEN while I was cleaning up the kitchen (from the previous messes) Emmie dumped pee all over the bathroom while she was dumping out her little potty. She was nice enough to drag the sopping wet bathmat from the bathroom to the laundry room (off course they're on total opposite sides of the house). While I was scrubbing down the bathroom floor and cleaning up the mess between the bathroom and the laundry room Emmie and Ellie were busy dragging every. single. last. piece of tupperware out of the cabinet. So then we reorganized the tupperware cabinet and THEN I finally got to finish cleaning the kitchen. WHEW! Paul made some comment tonight about me not being in control of our children and I busted out laughing and told him that I think it was pretty obvious tonight that I have NO control of our children...haha!
  • Emmie and Ellie have been playing together so well lately (for the most part) and it's been really nice. For instance, today I gathered up all of their books from all over the house and put them back on the bookshelf and then the girls had so much fun togetehr dragging them all out of the bookshelf.
  • Do you get why my house is never clean and very rarely picked up?
  • I'm currently loving my Resolve spray and wash...every mother needs some of this...works like a charm!
image of RESOLVE® Laundry Stain Remover Trigger & Refill bottle














  • Tonight I noticed that Emmie has cut her 2 year old molars on the bottom...I didn't look at the top but i wonder if this was the cause of some of her bad behavior a few weeks ago. She's been really good the past week and the teeth appear to have cut all the way through so I imagine she's feeling better.
  • Poor Ellie has open sores on her bottom again. She hasn't had any in 4 months and it makes me so frustrated that she has them again. It occured to me today that she stopped having them when we switched to the Prevacid for her reflux and now we're back on Zantac and she has them again...I think perhaps the prevacid just neutralizes the acid better. If we continue to have problems we'll try the Prevacid again. Her poor little bottom has been bleeding and it's so pitiful and everytime you wipe her bottom she flinches.
  • I thought the Grey's Anatomy season finale wasn't very good. Lexi died too early in the episode and I was mad the whole time that Lexi had died and I kept getting irritated when it would flip back to Seattle Grace. NCIS on the other hand had a great ending (although very sad if Ducky did indeed die) and I can't wait for next season.
  • I can't believe that on May 28th Franklin will be FOUR. It seems like just the other day Paul brought home our little 1lb 6oz furball and I was getting up at 4 or 5 am with him because he thought that's when the day started! Now he's 11lb of sweetness who sleeps all night and most of the day! I just love my sweet Franklin!

  • Ellie has FINALLY turned into a tummy sleeper. She still goes to bed on her back and she sleeps on her back at naptime but at night she's generally turned onto her stomach by the time I go to bed and she's been sleeping again until 8 or 8:30...SO NICE! Emmie usually gets up in the morning and goes to the potty (and is finally to the point where she doesn't wake me up when she's done) and then she goes back to bed and listens to her music or reads until Ellie gets up...it's quite nice! If Ellie sleeps until 8:30 I'm usually awake in time to get breakfast all ready before the girls get up and that's nice...a few moments of peace before the craziness begins!
  • I need a good book to read...any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment