Monday, April 30, 2012

A Day in the Life of Franklin



In the mornings, Daddy gets up and gets his shower and he always offers to let me out before he leaves for work. Some days I get up and take care of business and sometimes I really can't be bothered to leave my comfy spot next to Mommy in the bed. Mommy and I sleep until my buddy Ellie wakes up, usually around 7:30...for a few weeks she was sleeping really late but she's back to normal time now...sigh.
Ellie's ok as far as sisters go...she tries to pet me sometimes (well, really anytime I get close to her) but she doesn't ever try to pull on my fur or my tail so that's good. She also will look for me while she's sitting in her highchair and she'll toss me food...Emmie never did that when she was a baby...she kept all the table food for herself.
When Mommy's getting breakfast ready I go out and take care of business and then come in and lay on the couch until the girls have their food..then I take up my position under the table.

After breakfast I either go back to bed or hang out on the couch...I'm not really a morning puppy. Sometimes Mommy and the girls go run errands and sometimes they stay at home. If they go run errands I get to sleep for a bit if not I spend the morning avoiding small children. Sometimes I play with Emmie though, once I'm good and awake. She's always up for a good game of tug of war.
Emmie is a pretty good sister. I'm very protective of her...I've always felt a great sense of responsibility when it comes to Emmie...well, really any of my people but especially Emmie. That's why I always tattle on her when she's doing something she's not supposed to. She tattles on me all the time too so I guess it's fair. We play together too. Today she chased me around with her pretend camera trying to take a picture. I acted like I was annoyed with her but deepdown I was honored that she wanted a picture of me :)

Anyway, usually mid morning we go take a walk. Emmie usually walks and Ellie rides in the stroller. Mommy holds my leash. I'm glad Emmie has started walking faster...it used to take us FOREVER to walk around the block and when a guy is on the scent of a trail he just doesn't have time to lolligag! Today Mommy let Emmie hold my leash all by herself for a little bit and I must say I was quite impressed with how well she did. She was very patient when I needed to stop and leave messages for the other dogs. Mommy told me she was very proud of me for being nice and calm while Emmie was walking me....what can I say? I'm a great brother! Emmie and I always stop and say hi to the dogs on the corner, Maggie and Dixie, and we both get really excited when Hailey is out in her yard!
Hailey is the little poodle that lives up the street...she's sooo pretty!
At the end of our walk Emmie and I always look for the kitty cats at the house down the street. Emmie gets so excited when she finds them...I get excited too...I don't think we get excited for the same reason though.
Lunchtime for the girls means lunchtime for me as well...thank you Ellie! Then Mommy goes and puts Emmie and Ellie to bed and I camp out on the couch or in the bed. I used to have to supervise all the putting to bed activities but I've finally decided that Mommy has it under control. I think I trained her well.
I love nap time...Mommy always cuddles with me!

After naps it's playtime again. I really like when we go outside. I love to just sit out there and soak up the sun...especially if there's a nice breeze as well.

Dinnertime is next...yummm.

Then it's often another walk...usually Emmie rides in the wagon this time around so we get to go at MY pace.
Then it's bathtime. Bathtime is fun because Emmie will fill up a teacup with water and let me drink out of it...soapy water is the best!
After bathtime it's bedtime and while Mommy puts the girls to bed I once again camp out of the couch.

If Daddy comes home late he eats on the couch. Which means I get to get up close and personal with his food...exxxxcellent!

After the girls are in bed I count the hours until SOMEONE goes to bed. I get REALLY tired at night...sometimes I get so tired I just stick my paws up in the air and pass out.

No comments:

Post a Comment