Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!


We had kind of a hectic Mother's Day. We were at my parent's house because Ben had graduation on Friday. We went to church this morning and then went to my Grandmother's house for lunch. Right after lunch we packed up the car and the girls and I came back to Columbia. The girls napped in the car but Ellie only slept an hour, much shorter than normal. After she woke up she spent the next 30min trying to wake Emmie up. She would yell/talk really loudly and then turn to look at Emmie to see if she had woken up and then repeat the whole process a few minutes later...she wanted her sister to wake up and entertain her!
I was soooo tired by the time we got back and I was worried that we would have a rough afternoon but Emmie and Ellie were so sweet this afternoon. Emmie and I have been having a really hard time lately and most days end with me feeling like a complete failure as a mother but today I had my sweet Emmie back. She was so content all day and the 3 of us just hung out and rested and read books and watched Winnie and Pooh. It was a nice afternoon and the girls got along well which was a nice change...I feel like lately I spend a lot of time refereeing or keeping Emmie from loving Ellie too much.
The girls were very tired tonight, especially Ellie and they did so well at bathtime and bedtime and both were very agreeable. Sweet Ellie, who really isn't a cuddler at all since we've always just fed her at bedtime and naptime and then laid her down awake, snuggled up against me at bedtime and gave me some big hugs and Emmie and I read and cuddled and then she went right to sleep. Having a fun, relaxing day with my girls (and sweet Franklin, my first baby, who was passed out on the couch all day) was the best present they could have given me!


I am so very thankful for the Mother's in my life.

Paul and I both have grandmothers who have been a large part of our lives. The girls love their Grandmother and Mammy and I love that they are fortunate enough to have these strong, wonderful women in their lives who love them so very much.

Paul's mom and Mammy with Ellie.

Grandmother with Ellie.

I was fortunate to gain a wondeful mother-in-law when I married Paul and she loves my girls so much and helps us out babysitting a lot while I work. She has always been willing to come and help us at a moment's notice...such as when Emmie was a newborn and Paul got a stomach virus...she was there within hours to help take care of both of her babies - Emmie and Paul! It's so nice to have her close by and I'm so thankful for all she does for us! She also raised a wonderful man who is a fabulous husband and a fabulous father to our girls and for that I'm so grateful.

GG with Ellie.

I am so blessed to have a wonderful mom who I love so much! She has always been there for me and I can't imagine my life without her. She has been such a great help to me with the girls from coming the first week each of them was home from the hospital to helping babysit while I work. I'm pretty sure the only reason we successfully made it through the first week with Emmie was because of my mom...Paul and I had no clue what to do with a newborn! One of the funny things about my mom is her love for Franklin. She was against us getting a dog and I was amazed when she let him in her house and after Emmie was born she even started letting Franklin sleep in her bed. She is such a good Gran to our happy...for example when Franklin was almost a year old and was attacked by another dog she came and puppysat the first days I was back at work after he got hurt! Paul and I joke that the only place Franklin likes to be more than with us is with his Gran!
Almost exactly a year ago my mom finished her chemo and she has done so well this year. She is such an amazing woman and I don't think I ever realized just how amazing she was until I watched her fight cancer. I admire her strength and courage and most of all her Christian example so much.  Happy Mother's Day Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment