Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Picking Strawberries!



Mason, Jackson, Ellie, Emmie

Yesterday we went to Cottle Farms with Christina, Jackson, Lindsay and Mason to pick some strawberries! There were pretty heavy rains the day before so the fields were quite muddy. Jackson thought the mud was great and I'm pretty sure he spent most of the time throwing mud. Emmie wasn't so sure about the mud at first but by the end she was playing in a mud puddle! Despite the mud we had a great time picking strawberries.
I got such a kick out of Ellie. She was sitting in her stroller and I was putting strawberries on her tray for her to eat. Well, at one point I went to give her more strawberries and she was COVERED in strawberry juice! She must have rubbed her hands all over her face and there was strawberry juice all over the fabric part of the stroller, her shirt and shorts were covered and she even had strawberry juice in her ears! She was hilarious! After a bit she got tired of being in her stroller so I took her out and let her sit on the ground...which meant that now she was also covered in dirt...but she had fun (she apparently does not have the same aversion to dirt that her sister has)!

(sorry for the bad quality of the pic...I had to do some lighting adjustments because my camera has issues)

Emmie mostly hung out with Mason while we were picking strawberries. They had a great time sharing their strawberries.











After Christina and I finished picking, Christina watched the kids and I went to help Lindsay. Christina and Jackson introduced Emmie to the joy of playing in mud puddles (I told Christina that that is a perfect example of why she is a boy mom and I'm a girl mom!) and Emmie and Jackson had a GREAT time and luckily my camera was with Christina so she got some great pictures.





Fortunately the farm had a place where we could rinse the kids off before putting them in the car...we at least got the top layer of dirt off!

This is what Mason and Ellie's bottoms looked like after we were done!

We got home and I gave the girls a bath and put them down for naps and then set to work unloading the car and cleaning the stroller and myself...it was over an hour before I finally got everything and everyone all clean.
After cleaning I made a yummy strawberry pie...it was so worth all the work!



"Hurray for strawberries!"

No comments:

Post a Comment