Sunday, May 27, 2012

Summerville

We left Thursday night to go to Summerville and we came back tonight. Paul played in a golf tournament at Miler and the girls and I hung out with Papa, GG, and Uncle Blake.
Friday morning the girls and I went with Paul's mom to the beach. We went to Isle of Palms and it was perfect weather! The girls had lots of fun playing and they were all over the place! They both loved going out in the water. Emmie always wanted to be as far out as the older kids and Ellie would constantly point out to say she wanted to keep going farther. We stayed for a little over an hour and the girls were soooo tired by the time we got back to the house but they had a blast!




The next 2 shots are ones I edited in Picassa (which I just discovered and LOVE). I love how they both turned out!



Little Miss Ellie made a beeline for the water! You can see the excitement on her face! Gin-g and I had our hands full chasing the girls around (because they generally wanted to go in opposite directions!).

Ellie has mastered using a shovel.

When we pulled up Emmie saw other children in the parking lot and said "look at all my friends". Then at the beach she kept following the older kids around but they were going out farther than she could in the ocean so we finally found her some friends about her age who were nice enough to let Emmie help dig a hole in the sand. 

Emmie fell alseep like this when we got home and I woke her up 2 hours later and she was still in the same spot!

Friday night I went and met Paul at the golf course for hors d'ourvers while Papa, GG, and Blake kept the girls (and Franklin). Afterwards, Paul and I went and met Blake for some Marble Slab and then we all went back to the house and watched The Help. I had read the book but hadn't seen the movie...so good!

Paul relaxing while watching the movie...haha!

Saturday Gin-g and I took the girls to the pool and Paul got to go too since he wasn't playing until the afternoon. It took Emmie a few minutes to warm up to the whole pool thing but Ellie was so excited to get in the water.




Hoby showed up as we were leaving and Emmie and Hoby sat together by the pool for a few minutes.

Saturday night we all went to Miler for dinner. Last year Emmie got her first kiss from Hoby and he was there again. She and Hoby danced and even came up with some new dance moves. There wasn't a kiss this year (much to Paul's relief!) but Hoby brought Emmie some flowers. Beth said Hoby made her stop and get them and said "they're not for you mom they're for the other girl"...so cute! Emmie loved her flowers and she kept walking around smelling the hydrangea. Emmie had lots of fun dancing...when the music started she went and stood at the edge of the dance floor, twirling her hair, like she was hoping someone would ask her to dance...it was precious. Ellie also enjoyed "dancing". She crawled all over the dance floor and one of her new discoveries is that she can sit up and spin herself in a circle so it kind of looked like she was dancing. Ellie really liked playing with Finley, who is around 16mo.

Emmie and Hoby last year.

Papa and Emmie dancing.

Emmie looked so grown up eating her salad!

Dancing with Daddy.


Hoby wasn't out on the dance floor so Emmie danced with his daddy, JJ.

Emmie and Hoby.

Their new dance moves.


Ellie got to dance with her daddy too.

Emmie was so proud of her flowers from Hoby!

Gin-g and Fred took the girls home around 8 and Paul, Blake, and I had lots of fun dancing, listening to the karoke, and catching up with friends.
Sunday morning Gin-g and I took the girls to the pool again and then Sunday afternoon Blake and I went over to the outlets and boy did I have fun! Poor Blake, he went and got what he needed and he was done but I was a Mama without any kids underfoot, gift cards, and Memorial Day sales and I racked up the deals! I got some cute jewelry and two shirts at Jones New York and then got some cute pants and shorts along with a few shirts at Banana Republic. I also hit up Janie and Jack and got some major steals ($42 skirts for $7..what!) for the girls and went to Carter's and Gymboree too. Gymboree was having an awesome sale on some of their more recent collections and I got some really cute clothes plus some wardrobe staples. I think Blake now realizes why I said that I wasn't going to wait for Paul to go shopping because Paul wouldn't want to go with me!
Paul called me while we were shopping and said he was headed back to the course to pick up his prize. I was confused because he was in the middle of his flight (I think he was about 6 shots back from the top of his flight starting the day). Apparently he shot a 77 today and won his flight!! I was quite proud of him...and he was quite proud of his accomplishment!
We headed back to Columbia after dinner and I think, other than the girls' stuff we're mostly unpacked!

No comments:

Post a Comment