Thursday, May 3, 2012

SUYL - Making New Friends

Today on Kelly's Korner the topic is making new friends! It's all about connecting with other bloggers who live in the same area as you so this post is going to be about me!



Hi! I'm Stacy and I live in Columbia, SC. I was born in Greenville, SC and have a younger brother. I went to college at USC (the REAL USC) where I joined Delta Zeta sorority, met my husband Paul, and majored in Nursing (and was involved in LOTS of student organizations). I graduated in 2005 and for the last 7 years I have worked at Palmetto Health Children's Hospital on the Adolescent floor. I LOVE my job!
Paul and I got married on December 8th, 2007 and we welcomed our first baby, a maltipoo named Franklin, in the summer of 2008...he's sure he's a person!

On December 17, 2009 our daughter Emerson Jane (Emmie) was born and on July 14, 2011 Ellison Rachel (Ellie) joined our family. Since Emmie was born I've worked part time, so just 2 days a week, and I love my schedule. I get to be a mom most of the time but I still get to work at the hospital and keep up my nursing license.

A little about me...I love college football (USC and UGA are my teams!), going to the pool and the beach in the summer, discovering new fun things to do and places to go with the girls (zoo, Edventure, Ft. Jackson waterpark, parks...we're always up for a good time) and hanging out with my friends! I also love sewing, doing crafts, and trying out new recipes...I just don't seem to have a lot of time these days to do these things!

8 comments:

  1. So fun to meet a fellow sc person :) can't wait to get to know you more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad Kelly did the meet someone new! I'm in Columbia as well. Can't wait to read your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I live in Columbia SC as well (Irmo area) and I also blog at Scene of Sublime: http://sceneofthegrime.blogspot.com
    I'd love to get to know you! I am a mom of three, boys ages 15 and 10 and a daughter age 12. Love love Palmetto Health and, in fact, gave birth to all 3 kids there. I used to work in healthcare as well (before kids!). Come see me on my blog sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am from Columbia as well and am your newest follower!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just stumbled across your blog on Kelly's Korner-- do you remember me??!! I'm a fellow DZ! Hope all is well and you have such a beautiful family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Forgot to mention my maiden name is Shelley! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw your blog on Kelly's blog. I am in the Columbia area as well. Our girls are similar in age (and name!). My oldest was born May 2009 and my youngest (Ellison Parker but we call her Parker) was September 11! My blog is www.allieandjay.com. I'm horrible about keeping it up to date since Parker was born though:(. I'm excited to have a local blog to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, I'm Shannon! Just came across your blog via Kelly's Korner. I live in Chapin. It's fun to find someone in the same area! I have a 3 year old son and an almost 1 year old daughter. Looking forward to getting to know you. :)

    ReplyDelete