Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Graduation

My brother, the infamous "Giant", graduated from Clemson on Friday with a degree in Chemical Engineering. My cousin's wife, Courtney, was so sweet to babysit the girls so that I could go to graduation with my parents. The girls had a great time with Courtney and when we got home Emmie took about 10 pictures of Courtney with my camera!

I remember the night Ben was born so it is just crazy to me that he is old enough to be graduating from college and heading out into the real world! He has a job with Dupont and will find out soon where in the US he will be placed. I'm so proud of all he has accomplished and can't wait to see what the future holds for him!
Ben is the second person in and he's turned to the side.







So somewhere there's a picture of me and Ben from when I graduated (back when he was shorter than me) and he's stretching to try to be as tall as me so we reenacted...except the roles were reversed! I'm going to track down the picture and I'll do an addendum when I do!

Ben made us pose at the rock...ugh.

After the three hour graduation we went to a reception that the Chemical Engineering department put on and then we went to lunch at Brioso, a yummy pasta place in Clemson.
On Saturday there was a celebratory family lunch and it was sooo much fun! My Aunt Joy and Uncle Bill came. My cousin Michael had to work but Courtney came and I think the girls were a little nervous when she showed up that I was leaving again but once they realized I was staying they really enjoyed having her there. My Uncle Stewart and Aunt Donna came along with my cousin India and her boyfriend Mac. It had been FOREVER since we had seen them we had never met Mac so it was lots of fun caatching up (and we enjoyed meeting Mac...he was very nice!). I think we all thuroughly enjoyed celebrating Ben...he deserved a celebration for all the hard work he put in over the last 4 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment