Friday, May 4, 2012

Playing Catch Up

The title of this blog kind of feels like the story of my life right now but that's a whole other blog entry!
So let's see...what have we been up to? Well last week on Wednesday afternoon Emmie started running a fever...of course I was scheduled to work Thursday and Friday. Luckily Kristi was sweet enough to come in and work for me for a few hours on Thursday so I take Emmie to the doctor. I had to beg, steal, borrow and threaten to bring a 2yr old and a 9mo old to sit in the waiting for 2 hours hoping to get squeezed in...miraculously enough when I got to the doctor's office they had a spot for us...it was self-preservation on their part...haha! After talking my 2yr old into peeing in a cup (she did amazingly well) and letting them "tickle" her throat (did I forget to mention to her that it was more of a gagging then a tickle?) for a strep test she was diagnosed with a viral something...at least no finger prick this time! She ran a low grade fever Thursday afternoon and has been fine since then. Of course she and Ellie missed My Gym class so we spent this week making up classes for both girls.
We were supposed to go to Summerville but after leaving the doctor on Thursday I decided we would just stay at home and let Emmie get some rest. On Saturday evening we went to a birthday party for Arlie, Gabriel, and Jackson who go to our church. It was at Arlie's house and the kids all had a great time!

Ellie playing in the sandbox.
 
Emmie got her face painted for the first time! She's a little kitty cat! She wasn't so sure about it at first but once she watched her friend Evelyn get her face painted Emmie decided she would give it a try too!

Arlie, Gabriel, and Jackson.

Painting!

We did our normal stuff Sunday and Monday and then on Tuesday we went to Edventure with the Mom's group. We had a great time. I've been in kind of a stressed out, overwhelmed, funk lately and Emmie's going through a whiney, not listening faze so a morning of fun and play was what we all needed. The girls both had a great time and I brought lunch for them to eat in the car so they stayed awake on the way home and both took good naps when we got home...yay!

Working on her driver's license.

Driving the firetruck.

Jacob

Ellie was very excited to get down and play.

The Spot exhibit in Storyland. Emmie made a beeline for the stuffed Spot!
(Also, you might notice Emmie had a wardrobe change halfway through...we made a rookie mistake of doing the water exhibit early on in our visit!)

A MOUSIE!

Peter Rabbit's house.

Emmie was on TV.

Ellie had a great time playing with the different chimes in the Snow, Snow exhibit in Storyland.


Everett

Emmie loves the vet clinic!




My mom came Wednesday and I got to run some errands by myself and then Emmie and I went to My Gym for her makeup class. She always enjoys getting some one on one time and it was nice to be able to give her all my attention.
We have a few trips and other craziness coming up in the next month but this week at least I feel like I'm catching up a little!

No comments:

Post a Comment