Wednesday, December 14, 2011

5 months


I am 5 months old!

  • I wear a size 2 diaper.
  • I wear size 3-6mo clothes and 3-6 or 6-9mo sleepers.
  • I generally sleep from 8pm-7:30ish am.
  • I take 3 naps a day. I take a 30min one around 10, a 1.5-2hr nap around 12 (sometimes this one is only 30min...just depends on the day!) and a 30min one around 4:30. I take all my naps in my crib.
  • I no longer take a pacifier at night and Mommy doesn't turn on my mobile anymore.
  • I still occasionally take my pacifier at naps or in the car.
  • Sometimes when I get tired I sing a sleepy song.
  • I don't suck my thumb. Instead I rub my head. I generally sleep with my hands on my head and I like to sleep on my back.
  • I eat rice cereal or baby oatmeal at breakfast (with some prune juice mixed in) and peas and sweet potatoes at dinner. My mommy is making my baby food. I nurse about 5 times a day.
  • I still take Zantac twice a day and it seems to be working pretty well.
  • I LOVE my sister. She and Franklin make me laugh a lot! Emmie takes such good care of me (most of the time). She's always bringing me my llama, a blanket, my pacifier, or trying to pick me up and take me where I want to go (mommy quickly puts a stop to the last thing).
  • I can roll both ways but I'm relatively unmotivated to roll...I'm generally pretty content wherever you put me.
  • I can sit up by myself for a few seconds.
  • I'm really good at grabbing things and holding on tight and if there's a toy I like I will work to get it!
  • I've decided I like the bouncer now that I can make the music play!
  • I still like to sit in my bumbo.
  • Emmie and I got a swingset this month as an early Christmas present from all the grandparents. I an sit in the half bucket swing if I'm very closely supervised and I really like it but I'm hoping Santa will bring me a baby swing for the swingset for Christmas!
  • I love being a naked baby.
  • I've become a little more content when riding in the car because I've discovered that I can look at Emmie or I can look out the window.
  • I drool A LOT!
  • I'm slightly obsessed with my feet.
  • I've become much more comfortable being around people who aren't my Mommy. I even made it through church and sunday school in the nursery without Mommy having to be paged.
  • This month I celebrated my first Thanksgiving. We celebrated with Mommy's side of the family on Wednesday and Daddy's side on Thursday. This was the first time I got to meet all the relatives on Daddy's side...I can't wait till I'm big enough to play with all the big girls!
  • The only time I get real cranky is if I'm around a lot of people or in a new situation.
  • If I'm in a room where the TV is on I will watch it the whole time!
  • I went to my first Christmas party this month...Mommy and Daddy's sunday school party!
  • I discovered that the leather of the couch feels really good on my face.



This is Emmie at 5 months and here is her 5 month post. Developmentally, I'm almost exactly where Emmie was!

No comments:

Post a Comment