Saturday, December 24, 2011

Twas the Night Before Christmas

*sorry about the sideways pictures I've had recently...not sure what's up with blogger...it's happening to pictures that I didn't even take sideways so I really don't know what the issue is...consider it your neck exercise for the day..haha!*


The stockings were hung by the chimney with care.
 We had Christmas with my family today. We got some great gifts and my mom fixed us a delicious meal! The girls had a great time playing with everyone...they love having an audience!

Emmie and Grandaddy fixed a lovely cake.



Emmie loved her new lawn mower...she took it outside and cut a path to the swingset!


This afternoon we went to the candlelight service at church. We actually made it on time and I'm glad we did...it was packed! We had to stand through the first few hymns but then we were able to squeeze into a row. Fortunately we were beside people we knew! I love all the Christmas hymns and hate that we only get to sing them in December so one of my favorite things about the service was all the great songs we sang!
We came home from church and had dinner and then we got busy getting ready for Santa! Emmie, Ellie, Franklin and I wrote Santa a letter (I was the scribe) and then Emmie colored it while Ellie sat beside her and supervised and Franklin patrolled the premises...just in case Santa decided to come early. After the letter was finished, we set out some oreos (Emmie heard that Santa is currently on an oreo kick) and some carrots for the reindeer.
Emmie and I taste tested the oreos to make sure they were up to Santa's standards. Quality control is important.

After getting everything for Santa squared away the girls got baths and went to bed! We're also headed to bed soon so that Santa can come bring presents!
We hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment