Monday, December 7, 2015

First Tooth Fairy Visit


As you can see, yesterday was a BIG day in our house (more on the other big happenings in another post). Emmie lost her FIRST tooth! That little tooth has been barely hanging on for about a week and we were at Babes in Toyland yesterday and it was so, so close to falling out...Emmie freaked out and wanted to go home but I just went and got her a paper towel in case it did fall out and she spent the whole second half asking me if it was still in. I was really hoping this tooth would fall out at school because we have had dramatics over this tooth for weeks. So we're in the car on the way home, she has the paper towel in the back with her and it sounds like she has it in her mouth and kind of sounds like she and Ellie are talking about the tooth having fallen out. A minute or two later she says "oh, mom...my tooth fell out". Totally calm. Weird. But good.
She is so, so proud of her missing tooth and we were all so excited for her. Although I must admit my mommy heart hurt a little that my first baby is now losing teeth. I don't think you realize it until you have a child in this stage of life but this is a BIG step. It's a big, glaring indication that they aren't babies and are growing up. These are ADULT teeth. Eek!
So Emmie was most excited about the tooth fairy coming. The tooth fairy left Emmie a note with some special fairy glitter (thank you pinterest) on her pillow (I figured that we have glitter everywhere anyway what's a little more) and a dollar. I really think she was just as excited about the special fairy glitter as she was about the dollar!

No comments:

Post a Comment