Monday, December 28, 2015

Christmas Eve and Christmas

Yesterday we went to the children's service at church which was fabulous as always. After the service we came home and hung out until after dinner. One of Ellie's FAVORITE things about Christmas is our Christmas Eve tradition (she's been talking about it for weeks). We drink hot chocolate, eat cookies, candy canes, and popcorn, and watch the Polar Express. This year Polar Express wasn't on TV for me to DVR (what I usually do) and so we borrowed it from a friend but then I realized the DVD player is upstairs (and only half works) and there was no way I was letting them have their hot chocolate on the carpet. So we watched the original Grinch and A Charlie Brown Christmas. The girls loved them.




Afterwards we read about the birth of Jesus from their Jesus Storybook Bible and then wrote letters to Santa, sprinkled the magic reindeer food and they headed off to bed while Santa got to work setting up Christmas!


Christmas morning they slept until about 7:15 (we actually had to wake Ruthie up because the big girls were ready to get up and JP slept through the whole thing. We got up and did Santa and ate cinnamon rolls for breakfast and then the Rainey clan showed up.


As you can see, Snackee cups were the hot ticket item at our house this year. The girls have been talking about them for MONTHS and were so excited to get them...Santa had even filled them up with water and a snack!

Emmie got a dress, a Barbie toy she wanted, and a snackee

Ellie got a snackee, Pocahontas, and a Pocahontas book

Roo got animal hand puppets, Cuddle Bear, and a snackee

JP got some black and white books, bibs, and plates



We all LOVE to watch Franklin open his presents. He gets soooo excited!

Both girls were very excited to get new Billie B Brown books in their stockings.





Gran and Grandaddy (aka BOO!) came and brought Uncle Ben and (soon to be) Aunt Ruth with them. We were so excited that Ben and Ruth came to spend Christmas with us this year!We opened presents and then my mom fixed a delicious meal (steak, twice baked potatoes, and salad..yumm) and Grandaddy churned some cookies and cream ice cream! Since it was about 80 outside it was a perfect day for ice cream!

Roo is a giant!



Ruth had JP laughing and it was sooo cute!

Ruth and Ben took a video of their plane taking off and the girls were fascinated.

Paul got not one but TWO purple shirts from my parents.


The girls were very excited about getting Inside Out

JP was pretty excited about his oatmeal...1 more month buddy!

Each of the kids got 1 big present from us. These were definitely the presents that I was most excited about and I was super excited for everyone to get them! (JP's present was a set of about 60 blocks...they're not pictured...pretty sure he was napping again by this point.)

Emmie - Barbie house. Emmie wanted to ask Santa for a Barbie Dreamhouse but after looking up the price online I told her that I didn't think Santa could bring it this year (plus she told me really late in the game so I didn't have time to hunt down a good deal.)  However, I later found this "Barbie" house which is actually a very similar one to a friend of hers. She was soooo excited!

Ellie: tent. Ellie immediately went and got her pillow and blankets and the girls have been having a great time "camping" in the tent.
Ruthie: trampoline. I came up with this on my own because Ruthie loves the trampoline at My Gym and she has sooo much extra energy. I thought the trampoline would be a great solution for getting some of that excess energy out. All of the girls have loved the trampoline and I think we've finally gotten to the point where they're not fighting over it constantly.



Ruth also had a BIG surprise for me and the girls. We had to close our eyes...


And when we opened them we all had flowers and a card.

She asked me to be a bridesmaid and the girls to be flower girls. We are all so excited and honored to be a part of Ben and Ruth's wedding!
Then Uncle Ben got to tell the girls that they were going to fly on an airplane to come to the wedding. Oh my goodness they are beside themselves with excitement...they been obsessed with flying since Ben moved to Arkansas.
We were able to visit with everyone for the rest of the afternoon before they headed back to Greenville.

Ben hanging out with his nephews. I think they're plotting against me.

No comments:

Post a Comment