Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Christmas Activities

We have been busy getting ready for Christmas around here!

Paul was tasked with the Santa visit this year. One of the local girl scout troops did a breakfast with Santa at Spring Valley Pres and since I was working I sent Paul and the 4 kiddos to get pictures taken. Bahahaha. He said it went really well...after Ruthie got over the heart attack she had when Santa walked in!





The first Sunday in December our church had its children's program. The first year you can participate is in kindergarten and so Emmie was over the moon excited to get to be part of the program. She practiced her songs for weeks! We were so proud of our little sheep! (Although she was a bit disappointed that she didn't get to be a donkey?!)



That same Sunday I took the big girls to see Dance Theater of Columbia's production of Babes in Toyland. It was so good and the girls loved it! One of the best things about DTC performances is that the girls know so many of the dancers and they love finding the dancers they know. (Also that's the last picture of Emmie with all her baby teeth...she lost her first tooth on the way home!)

A few weeks pervious we went to the Babes in Toyland breakfast and the girls were able to meet the characters and take pictures with them!





We caught up with Little Bo Peep on the way out and Ellie was so excited to get a picture with her...two Little Bo Peeps!

Last Wednesday the children's choirs at church performed at a retirement community. They did a great job and the little cherub choir was so cute. They got to use the bells so my girls loved that!



I love this picture of Ellie holding her bell correctly!





(I didn't get much of Emmie because I was having some recording issues with my phone)

On Friday Ellie had cookies and carols at preschool. She practiced her songs all week and was so excited that Paul's parents and my mom were able to come! Ellie did a great job and loved every minute of her performance!




Ellie and Mrs. Jessica, one of her teachers

Emmie also had her school Christmas party on Friday so my mom stayed to keep the kiddos while I went to the party. I picked up a sick little girl after school on Monday and was worried she would miss her party but her fever finally went away Tuesday night and she was back to normal Wednesday!

I was so excited that I could go to the party because usually I miss stuff like this because I have everyone else in tow. I loved getting to spend time in Emmie's class and meet all her friends and talk to her teachers! The kids made a craft, decorated cookies, and ate lots of Christmas goodies!


One of Emmie's best friends at school

We started off our Christmas vacation on Monday with some gingerbread house decorating with friends! Little Emerson and Henry came over and the kids had lots of fun decorating their houses and eating two tons of candy!




Emmie's house:



Ellie's house:



Ruthie's house:


Ruthie got sidetracked pretty quickly by the eating of the candy but she did love getting to decorate a house this year like the big girls!


No comments:

Post a Comment