Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Book Review: Lose the Cape


If you know me, you know I'm always on the search for a good book (and I'm always in the middle of reading 2 or 3 books at the same time!) so I was so excited to get an advance copy of Lose the Cape: Never Will I Ever (and then I had kids!).
This is a collection of anecdotes from moms (and 1 dad!) about all the things they said they wouldn't do before they had kids...and now they're that parent. They're the parent who lets their child watch TV all day, eat fast food, or cheese in a can(I think that one is my personal favorite story). I found that I could relate to most of the stories and it's always nice to know you're in good company! There were plenty of things I said I would never let my kids do but I learned very quickly in my journey as a parent that it's best to withhold judgement...because that mom will probably be me before long. (Because let's be honest, some days it's simply about survival so bring on the TV and chocolate covered sugar bombs!)
This book would make a GREAT Christmas present for the parents in your life and you can order it by clicking here! I hope y'all will check it out!



2 comments:

  1. Thanks Stacy! I appreciate you sharing our book! Glad you enjoyed it! And yes, some days are JUST about survival!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, "tv and chocolate covered sugar bombs!" YES! I found having a few lollipops in my car has saved my sanity wayyyyy more than once :).
    ~Julia Arnold

    ReplyDelete