Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Savings Galore!

This past week Clara kept the girls while I ran some errands. It was so nice to go to the grocery store without having to watch what busy little hands are getting into or worry about how long Ellie will be happy strapped to me. So, not only did I have a stress free shopping trip but I also saved TONS of money and got great items! I went to BiLo and Publix but was most excited about my Bilo trip where I got lots of produce and meat and still saved 48%.

Publix: 1 bag of lettuce, 1 bunch of asparagus, 5 bags/boxes of Green Giant veggies, 4 boxes of snackwells bars, Sara Lee Cheesecake, Sara Lee Coffee Cake, 4 jars of Pace Picante salsa (I know that sounds like a lot but I use it in a yummy chicken crock pot recipe), Heinz 57, 2 tubes of Pillsbury Grands, Sour Cream, Ant Killer, 2 packs of Vanity Fair plates
Pre-Savings: 74.14
I paid: 29.09
A savings of 61%!


BiLo: 2 loaves of Sara Lee bread, 18 roll pack of Scott toilet paper, Organic Whole Milk, 2 cups of greek yogurt, 2 bags of Birds Eye veggies, 2 packs of smoked pork chops, 3 packs of ground turkey breast, a boston butt pork roast (yummy for bbq!), 8 packs of Carolina Pride all beef hot dogs (yes, it's a lot but we go through them pretty quick during football season and I got them for 99 cents each!), 1 cantaloupe, 2 pineapples, 1 bag of Gala apples, 7 bananas (yet another item we go through quickly...those bananas lasted me 5 days!), 1 zucchini, 1 onion, 1 yellow squash, 1 bag of super delicious grapes (it's been awhile since I've found really good grapes)
The only items I got that weren't on sale were the milk, toilet paper (I had a really good coupon for it though), onion, and bananas.

Pre-Savings: $135.55
I paid: $72.46
A savings of 48%!

No comments:

Post a Comment