Monday, October 10, 2011

Not always the same...

Emmie and Ellie are alike in many ways.

 They look a lot alike:



They pose the same:


But in one way they are VERY different.  Ellie loves to have her clothes off.  The only time I can get her to do tummy time is when I have her clothes off  (the rest of the time she just cries and face plants and won't even wiggle around) and on the changing table, as soon as you slip that shirt off of her she lights up.  She likes to be naked:




Emmie on the other hand loves to wear clothes. She likes to put on layers and layers of clothes (this might also have to do with the fact she's going through a stage where she likes to try and dress herself). The other day I just had a tutu on her and hadn't gotten around to putting her shirt on yet (I was busy with Ellie) and after a few minutes I looked over at Emmie and saw my modest little girl had given up on waiting for her shirt:



I have to wonder if the difference is due to the fact that Emmie was a winter baby and therefore always had clothes on whereas Ellie was a summer baby so pretty much anytime we were out in the backyard she was stripped down to her diaper so she didn't get too hot.  Also, Ellie had extremely bad diaper rash (we had to get a prescription cream from the doctor it was so bad...apparently her skin just doesn't really respond to over the counter diaper rash creams) so while we were trying to get that cleared up I often left her diaper off so her bottom could air out.

No comments:

Post a Comment