Friday, October 22, 2010

Show Us Your Life

Every week on Kelly's blog she does Show Us Your Life Friday.  Right now she's doing a "house tour theme" and this week is the nursery/child's room!  Yay!  I've been waiting many weeks for this theme.  Not only do I love Emmie's room and love to show it off but I love to look at everyone else's nurseries.  I think they're so much fun and so cute!  A few years ago, before I started reading her blog, she did the "house tour" theme and my friend Amanda at work was showing me all the cute nurseries and that was my first exposure to Kelly's blog and now I'm hooked!
Emmie's bedding is the Kid's Line Ladybug and I really like it.  It's pink and green (yay Delta Zeta colors) so what's not to like!  When we were looking at bedding I found a sage green bedding that would have worked for a boy or a girl and I told Paul that we could paint the room pink so that it would be more girly.  WELL, that did NOT go over well!  HaHa!  His one caviat after that was that he didn't care too much about the bedding but he was NOT painting a room pink!  That was fine with me...it meant I got to pick out pretty pink girly bedding!  Actually though, Paul picked out her bedding.  We were at the store and everytime we walked by this bedding he would mention that he thought it was cute.  FINALLY, I picked up on the fact that he really liked the bedding so I stopped and really looked at it and also thought it was adorable!
This is the view of Emmie's room from the doorway (with the cute little munchkin front and center).  We got her furniture at Baby Furniture Plus and I really like all their furniture but I fell in love with this crib as soon as I saw it.  We got really lucky because they were discontinuing the line that the crib is part of and they only had a few left!
This is the view of the other side of the room from her doorway. 

I love how big her chest is so that she can always use it.  That was one thing that was important to me when we were looking for furniture - that we would only have to buy her furniture once!  Right now I have her books on top of this dresser but I'd really like to find a bookshelf to put in her room.  I'm having trouble with that because there's not a lot of open wall space in her room.  We might just have to wait on the bookshelf until we move the chair out of her room.
(Franklin tried to get in the picture...sorry buddy!)
Her "big bear" that we got at the shower in Summerville.  I fell in love with it.  What kid doesn't yearn for a HUGE, soft stuffed animal?

I ordered this basked off of Amazon and my mom's friend Cindy monogrammed it with Emmie's name.  Right now we're keeping rattles and stuffed animals in there since it has a lid (which deters Franklin from eating the toys).
Here's a close-up of the letters over Emmie's crib.  I was so excited when i found the ribbon at  Michaels.  It's pink with red ladybugs and matches her nursery perfectly!  My mom and I have this joke that the stores know what we're looking for and they run and hide it...we can NEVER find what we're looking for so imagine my suprise when, on my first (and last) ribbon hunting outing, I came across this perfect ribbon!  I painted the letters white and my mom figured out how to get the ribbon to lay right and how to attatch the bows at the top.
You can see a little bit more of the crib detailing here.  Also Emmie's white noise machine (which was mine in college).  It is the best thing EVER!  I don't know what I would have done without it after I dropped her mobile in the garage and broke it.  Normally it sits on the windowsill but Emmie was playing with it right before I took this picture.  It took her all of 2 minutes to figure out how to change the "white noise" so whenever she's in her room she always wants me to turn it on so she can listen to all the different noises.
The big window in her room.  I really love this window and Emmie and Franklin like for me to pull up the blinds so they can look outside while we're in her room. 

I really like Emmie's chair.  The chair and ottoman are on gliders so it serves as a rocker.  I like that Emmie can sit beside me while we read books and I hope that as she grows older she will still sit in it to read her books (it really is the perfect book reading chair!).  You can see her basket of books poking out.  For a long time they were just stacked up on the floor and I love the organization the basket brings to the room.  Emmie will oftern crawl into her room from the den and get books out of the basket and just sit in her floor and "read" them.
This is the valance over her small window (it's the same as the one over hte big window).  This gives you a good look at the bedding pattern.  This curtain rod was a very light wood color and the other one was brass but my mom had some kind of paint that she'd used in her house to repaint all the bathroom fixtures and it was the same color as the bedroom furniture so we repainted both rods.
This is the dresser that I'm currently using as a changing table.  Once again, this is a piece of furniture that she can use forever and it has a lot of storage space inside!

1 comment:

  1. Her room is SO ADORABLE!!! You have a great eye for decorating! :-) It's the perfect little girls room! :-)

    ReplyDelete