Friday, October 1, 2010

Quick Update

Just a quick update on our lives!  I worked Wednesday and Thursday this week (instead of my normal Thursday and Friday) so that we could go watch Emmie's Papa Coach coach football at Summerville this week (look for her dress in the Sunday Style Section this week!).  Well, Tuesday Emmie woke up with a cold AGAIN plus she's getting somewhere between 3 and 5 teeth.  Overall she's been pretty happy which is nice...she's such a trooper.  Anyway, Wednesday night I put her down around 8 and laid there for awhile and then started crying. and crying.  and crying...until midnight.  Paul was in Greenville that night but luckily my mom was there to keep Emmie so I had someone else around when all the screaming was going on.  She finally went to sleep but stirred around a lot all night.  Last night Paul was still in Greenville and my mom left after I got home from work but Emmie did pretty well. She woke up around 11:30 and I just patted her back and she went back to sleep and then she woke up around 4 and I did the same thing.  She stirred around a lot after waking up at 4 though.  Thursday while I was at work she ran a little bit of a fever but not too bad and seemed to be pretty happy.  I was debating about whether or not to take her to the doctor this morning but since we were going out of town and since it was almost the weekend I decided to go ahead and get her checked out just to be safe.  I'm glad I did!  She has an ear infection in both ears!  So we got our antibiotic and hopefully that will quickly clear it up! 
Needless to say I've been a little frazzled today with having to run to the doctor while trying to get us all packed up!  Then while on the way to Summerville I got a call from work letting me know that a patient I took care of yesterday tested positive for pertussis today so now I have to take antibiotics too.  We're just a mess at our house apparently!
Anyway, we're super excited about going to the football game tonight...Emmie's first football game and then tomorrow we're taking her to the aquarium.  I'm sure I'll have TONS of pictures to put up tomorrow night!

No comments:

Post a Comment