Friday, December 9, 2016

14 Months


I am 14 months old!

  • I wear a size 4 diaper and size 12-18mo clothes.
  • I like to eat but can be a bit of a finicky eater. I LOVE eggs, fruit, and cheese toast and I’m hit or miss on any other food. I drink probably about 8-12oz of whole milk a day, I’m slowly liking milk better but I LOVE water!
  • I love my pacifier.
  • I love to be on the go but every once and awhile I will still cuddle!
  • I was having a ROUGH month with my sleeping.  Mommy and Daddy were exhausted from 14 months of me getting up all hours of the night. So this month we did some sleep training. (We used the Mom’s on Call method for those interested.) Mommy put me in my bed at bedtime and came back to get me in the morning. Mommy was very nervous that I would cry a lot but the first night I cried for a few minutes when she put me down and then cried from 4am-5am and it’s been smooth sailing ever since! I will occasionally wake up around 5 or 6am but Mommy will give me my pacifier and I go right back to sleep.
  • I now sleep from 8pm-7am (I’ll usually sleep a little bit later on the weekends.) I take a nap from 12-2ish.
  • When we started the sleep training we also dropped the bedtime (and of course middle of the night) bottles.
  • I love my daddy. I get SO excited when he comes home from work! I run to the door when I hear the garage go up and I want him to pick me up immediately!
Daddy's' little superhero

  • I seem to like my big sisters in moderation. I really enjoy each of them individually but as a group they can be quite overwhelming!
  • I LOVE to play outside. It is definitely my happy place. I spend a lot of time going down the slide and walking around the yard with the bat. I also like the play house.
  • I still don’t do much talking. Mostly just “mama and “eh”. It can make life very frustrating.
  • I’m referred to around my house as “Oscar” (as in the grouch) because I tend to be pretty grouchy.
  • I love to wave “hi” to people.
  • Ruthie and I have become big playmates this month. We have a great time playing together while everyone else is at school. For a while when I learned to walk Ruthie seemed to think I was as big as her and she would be sort of rough with me but she’s learned and now we get along great!
  • I like touch and feel books and books that are interactive.
  • This month I celebrated Halloween! We went to Boo at the Zoo and Trick or Treated in neighborhood. After a few houses I hung out with daddy and passed out candy.  I was an ADORABLE (not so) Cowardly Lion.

No comments:

Post a Comment