Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fourth of July

I had to work on the 4th but Sunday Paul and I took Emmie to the Columbia Blowfish baseball game (they played the USC Alumni) and then we stayed to watch the fireworks afterwards.  Emmie did pretty well during the game...granted I did have to bribe her with some graham crackers to stay in her seat!  However, the real lifesaver was the little 3 year old girl that was sitting behind us.  She and Emmie had the BEST time "talking" to each other and being silly.  Emmie loves being around older kids and I love watching her interact with other children.  I wasn't sure how Emmie would do with the fireworks...this was her first exposure to them.  She LOVED them!  She was pretty tired by the time they started and she mostly just laid her head on me and we turned so she could see the fireworks.  I was just very glad that she wasn't scared of them!  Needless to say by the time we got home at 9:45 she was out like a light!


No comments:

Post a Comment