Thursday, July 14, 2011

Ellie!

Ellison Rachel, "Ellie", was born today at 1:48pm!  She is 18.5 inches and 7lb.  She is sooo cute and is doing really well! 
The induction went really well, although I had to wait to have my water broken while someone else delivered and then I had to wait to have Ellie until the doctor finished with another delivery...apparently today is a great day to have a baby!  My epidural was excellent and the doctor put it in in less than 5 minutes and all I felt was the lidocaine.  I didn't feel very good afterwards because my blood pressure dropped pretty quick after the epidural.  (My blood pressure was still normal but it was high to begin with).  Once they gave me some medicine to stabilize my blood pressure it was smooth sailing!  Dr. Risinger was great, as always, and I had a fabulous nurse who took good care of me!
My family (minus Uncle Giant who had to work but is coming on Sunday) got there a little before she was born and Paul's family, including Blake's girlfriend Emily, brought Emmie and came once Ellie was born.

Waiting for Ellie!

Apparently I was freezing Paul out of the room...I was a little warm.

She's here!



Bonding with Mama. Paul held her a lot but was the photographer for the day so I don't have any pics of them together right now:(

Gran and Ellie bonding.

Meeting Great-Grandmother.

Grandaddy's showing Ellie how to use a Blackberry.

Emmie was sooooo excited about meeting her little sister!  She wanted to show us her eyes, nose, tongue, hand, hat, etc.  Funniest moment of the day:  when the nurse was taking Ellie's rectal temp and Emmie was watching and said "uhoh".  haha!  I think Emmie is pretty sure that Ellie is HER baby!

I love this picture of our family of 4!

Ellie's waving at her GG.

Learning about football from Papa Coach.

No comments:

Post a Comment