Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Playing Catch-up

Since we got home Saturday life has been a bit of a blur.  The first two nights we were home Ellie was up every 1.5 hours at night to nurse which was VERY exhausting.  Sunday morning was pretty rough between having no sleep and then having to watch after Emmie.  My family came Sunday afternoon and Paul and I were VERY glad to see them!  My mom cooked us a yummy dinner Sunday and then the rest of my family went home and my mom is staying for the week.  Sunday night was rough too but it was so nice that my mom could take care of Emmie on Monday and I could get some sleep.  Each night since then has improved and last night Ellie went 3.5 hours between her first two feeds and then she went from 4:15-8:15 at the end!  Now I just have to convince Ellie that 5am is not awake time...she seems to think it's a great time to pop those eyes open and check out the world! 
Emmie has done pretty well overall.  I was really worried that Ellie would wake Emmie up at night but so far Emmie has slept through all the up and down and crying...yay!  Emmie really, really loves her little sister and we've definitely had to watch her to make sure she doesn't love Ellie too much!  It's been a little hard for Emmie to have to adjust to sharing her mama.  Yesterday she didn't want my mom to help her with anything, she wanted her mama to do everything which led to lots of meltdowns if I was busy feeding Ellie and just couldn't help her.  Last night it worked out that I could give Emmie her bath and put her to bed and today I was able to spend some time with Emmie reading books and doing some puzzles and that seemed to help her a lot.  Emmie also had My Gym today and then she and my mom went to Wal-mart.  I know it helped her a lot to get out of the house and get her wiggles out!

Getting ready to go home from the hospital.  I love the dress she wore home.  It's one I made and Christa monogrammed.  The dress is a newborn but is quite big so Ellie will be able to wear it for awhile.


Saturday evening Paul and I took the girls and Franklin for a walk and then Sunday I took all of them by myself...if nothing else, I know that's one thing I can do by myself!  It's so much easier to take a summer baby for a walk than it was to take Emmie in December!  I just lay Ellie in the back of the stroller.  I had to stuff Emmie in her "bear suit" (essentially a parka) and put her in the carrier to take her for walks as an infant!

Emmie liked being able to turn around and see her sister while we walked!


I have some more pictures to put up later but I have to get them off my mom's camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment