Wednesday, July 29, 2015

19 Months

I am 19 months (and 2 days) old!

  • I wear a size 18mo clothes, size 4-4.5 shoe, and a size 4 diaper.
  • I sleep 12-13 hours at night and take about a 3 hour nap in the afternoon. Mommy has recently discovered something funny. I actually wake up around 7am and sit super quiet in my bed and read my books and roll around for a bit and then I curl up and go back to sleep until 8 or 9. I'm so quiet that even with the volume turned on on the monitor you can't hear me!
  • Mommy can definitely tell that I've gotten a lot taller this summer. When the summer started I couldn't stand on the bottom step of the pool and now I can keep my whole head above the water while on the bottom step.
  • I'm getting pretty good at identifying my body parts. I can do head, ears, mouth, hands, fingers, thumb, toes, tummy, nose and sometimes eyes. I love to find other people's ears as well...and stick my fingers in them!
  • At meal time I always want to say a prayer when the big girls say there's. Emmie is always so sweet and helps me with mine.
  • My name is on the wall above my changing table and I love to point at it, say "Ruthie", and point to myself! (Mommy is really glad that I know my name is Ruthie and not just Roo)
  •  I love to eat. My favorites are still fruits and vegetables!
  • I now have ALL of my teeth...yay! I have my first trip to the dentist scheduled for August. Mommy is sure I'll get a big thumbs up from the dentist because I LOVE to brush my teeth.
  • This month I have continued to have a really hard time with my eczema, especially on my legs. Mommy is now trying some Eucerin eczema cream and right now it seems to be helping. I take Zyrtec every morning and often again at night. Every once in awhile the itching and redness will be so bad that I will also get Benadryl.
  • Every day my speech gets a little clearer. I talk in 2-4 word sentences sometimes although it can be hard to decipher all the words.
  • I still suck on the ring and middle fingers on my left hand. However, I don't do it as much as I used to. I do it when I'm in a new situation and overwhelmed and I do it at night during my bedtime song and when I'm laying in bed going to sleep.
  • For a child that loves to play in the dirt I'm SUCH a girly girl. I love jewelry, dresses. bows, purses and I've already mastered walking in heels!
  • I still love to play in the pool and the ocean.
  • This month I got to stay in a hotel for the first time and had my first trip to Myrtle Beach.

  • This month I went to an aquarium and of course had a great time looking at all the fish.
  • This month I went to story time at the library a few times. I really love getting to pick out new books to bring home.
  • This month I have not been quite as good at listening as I was previously. Mommy thinks I'm testing out my "terrible two" wings.
  • Some of my favorite books this month are Little Blue Truck, Pout Pout Fish, Little Quack's Bedtime, and Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb. I really love to sit and read especially if there are animals in the book.
  • I LOVE to sing and dance. If I am holding a princess doll I will start singing (because all princesses sing!) and if I have the Frozen book I sing Let It Go...hilarious.
  • I love to be silly and am generally a happy girl. People often comment on my sweet smile and friendly personality (I love to say hi and bye).
best smile ever!
  • This month we celebrated Ellie's 4th birthday at the marionette theater and I loved the show and did a great job sitting still through the whole thing.
  • I love to do anything my sisters do! They are so much fun and I'm positive that I'm already one of the big girls!
  • This month I had my toenails painted for the first time. I was soooo proud of them!
  • I am pretty opinionated about my attire. If you take me near the closet I want to pick out my dress and I ALWAYS want to pick out my own shoes and I often want a bow but not just any bow. I want the bow that I've picked out.
  • I am very good at problem solving. There are very few places in the house that is out of my reach!
Can you say chunky monkey?

No comments:

Post a Comment