Tuesday, July 7, 2015

18 Months






I am 18 months (and 10 days) old!


  • I weigh 21lb 15oz (39th percentile) and am 32 1/4 inches tall (63rd percentile). Mommy is super excited that I've finally moved up from the 10th percentile for weight! At my age Emmie was 26.4lb and 33in and Ellie was 22.8lb and 31.25in.
  • I wear a size 4 diaper, 18mo clothes, and a size 4 shoe.
  • I have all but 2 of my teeth. I have 2 on the bottom that haven't come in yet but they're very close to popping through!
  • I really, really like to eat. One of my new favorites this month is watermelon!



  • I have brown CURLY, CURLY hair and hazel eyes.

  • I sleep about 12 hours at night and take a 2-3 hour nap after lunch. I am always VERY willing to go to bed. Mommy will tell me it's night-night time and I tell everyone bye and give kisses and hugs and go straight to my crib, lay down, suck on my fingers for a few minutes and I'm out! I do have to have my special yellow blanket and I like to have a book or two in my bed for when I wake up.
  • I've warmed up to other people but I definitely prefer Mommy or Daddy (I'm a bit of a Daddy's girl) if they're around.

  • I'm a problem solver. If I can't do something at first I figure out a different way to accomplish my goal. Mommy is pretty impressed with my determination and inventiveness.
  • I LOVE the water. I love both the beach and the pool and I'm great at kicking my legs in the water. I also love to lick the water!



  • I went to Kiawah for a week this month and had a wonderful time.



  • This month I went to visit GG and Papa for a few days and we had lots of fun adventures such as the beach, the aquarium, and a tea room!






  • We went to the zoo this month and I loved seeing all the animals.

  • I am generally pretty happy but I can pitch quite a fit when things don't go the way I want them too! I will also sometimes throw things when I get mad...Mommy and Daddy are working hard at trying to correct this behavior! Sometimes I also get frustrated when people can't understand what I say.
  • Generally if I get really cranky it's because I'm tired. Mommy always knows when it's time for nap or bed!
  • I'm starting to talk a LOT more. I use sentences, sometimes you can understand them and sometimes you can't but it's very apparent from my inflection that I am purposefully using 2-4 word sentences.
  • I still love to read. I have pretty much the same favorite books: Pout Pout Fish and Little Blue Truck.
  • I love to climb on things.
  • I had my first popsicle this month! The first time I got terrible brain freeze but then I figured out that I needed to eat it slower and now I LOVE popsicles!

  • I still suck on the same 2 fingers on my left hand.
  • I like to sing. 
  • My eczema has been really bad this month and my zyrtec had to upped from once a day to twice (if I need it). I've also had a couple days where my itching was so bad that Mommy had to give me some Benadryl as well. On the plus side, thanks to all the aquaphor I have on me my fingers that I suck on are in much better condition than they were a month or two ago. I also had a bit of a battle with heat rash on my back and thighs while we were at the beach which was no fun on top of the eczema difficulties.
  • I love jewelry and purses and bows. I'm such a girly girl!
  • I still love hanging out with my sisters! I have very different relationships with each of them. I tend to view Emmie as more of my other mother and I follow her around everywhere and want to do everything she does. She is also more likely than Ellie to let me have whatever toy it is that I want to take from her. I tend to view Ellie more as my peer and Ellie is less willing to give in to my demands. I think they're both so fun to play with and one of my favorite things is when we all cuddle together and read.

  • I can find many of my body parts including ears, eyes, nose, head, mouth, toes, and tummy. I am quite fascinated with trying to put things in my ears, especially sea shells. Mommy  is pretty sure it won't be long before we have to go to the doctor to get something fished out of my ear!

Emmie at 18 months

Ellie at 18 months

No comments:

Post a Comment