Friday, July 17, 2015

Another week of doctor visits

Sometimes I feel like our doctor appointments come in waves. This week we had Ellie's well check on Wednesday (she was 32.8 (or maybe 6) lbs...i don't have any of her other stats as I forgot to get them from the nurse). She had the best 4 year old appointment ever as she didn't have to get any shots! The girls just got their varicella vaccine and you can't get another live vaccine for a month so we decided to wait and just get all of them when she gets her flu shot. Ellie also had her hearing and vision screened. She did great with the vision but didn't "hear" anything on the left side. For the hearing screen she had to point to the appropriate picture when she heard the word through the headphones. She did fine on the right. I was in the room with her and she looked like she kind of zoned out when they switched to her left ear. Also, I can totally see Ellie thinking in her head "I already pointed to these things. If you didin't get it the first time then why should I make the effort to point to them again?" Yep, Ellie's that kid. The doctor said that since her ears looked good and since I didn't have any concerns about her hearing that we would just recheck her when they screen them at school in January. 
Today was my 30 week appointment and Emmie's ENT follow up and hearing test. Gin-g and Fres came and kept the little girls so that I didn't have to drag everybody with us (Emmie and I had back to back appointments). At my appointment baby and I both checked out well. Baby's heartbeat was about 140 today. At my appointment in 2 weeks they will do another ultrasound to check the placenta again. We're really praying that it has continued to move up. It was on the "good" side of borderline last time. If it's too low come baby time I'll have to have a c-section and nobody has time for that!
Emmie's appointment was great! She had her hearing screen first and passed with flying colors! In her previous screens she had been very hesitant and would whisper when answering like she wasn't quite sure about the answer. This time you could definitely tell she was confident in her answer. We knew her hearing had improved but it was so nice to get the official results!
(Hearing check!)

Emmie's appointment with the ENT was very quick, especially since she wouldn't talk to or look at him! She totally holds him responsible for the ear drops she had to do after she got her tubes in! He has been so great and sadly he's moving in a few weeks...we're so glad we got everything done before he was gone. 
So, after a busy week of appointments I think we're done with doctor's until the next baby check in 2 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment