Sunday, May 24, 2015

Preschool Graduate


It's official. My oldest baby is done with preschool. It's ridiculous how fast this year has gone by! Emmie had a great year in the 4 year old class and she's headed of to KINDERGARTEN in the fall!
On Friday the 4 year old classes had their end of the year program. She's been singing me the songs for the last month and they make me tear up every time. I really can't believe she's old enough to go to kindergarten. I got some video of her end of the year program and you'll have to forgive the camera work (it might make you slightly seasick). I was busy trying to entertain Ruthie while still filming Emmie.


(Just a warning this post has a LOT of video...so much cuteness!...Also Emmie is in the back row with the big white bow.)


This is the end of their first song and the beginning of their second song. I had to include it because of the second song. It's called Tooty Tot and they do different motions and then sing a little song. Emmie has been mad for awhile that they were doing this song at graduation and she informed me on Wednesday that she wasn't doing it. I had a little discussion with her about how we don't always like all the songs but it's important to be a good team player and so she should really sing the song. She told me then that she was going to sing the song but she was NOT going to do the dance because you have to stick your bottom in the air. I really couldn't argue with that. As you can see she doesn't do any of the dance!



The girls and boys each did some songs by themselves. This was one of the girls' songs. Emmie was thrilled to have a song based on Frozen!



And one more 4 year old video...I thought this song was really cute.



The 2s and 3s were invited to the stage during the program to perform a few songs. Ellie was SO excited. (She's in the back row with the big white bow. She was hidden for most of the first song.) She did a great job and really going into the songs! Also, the first song goes "Jesus is a rock and he rolls my blues away" but my girls have both always sung it "Jesus is a rock and he rolls my balloons away"...it took me awhile to figure out the real words.



After the performance they had snacks and the girls got to run around and play with their friends.



I had taken my camera to school the day before so I could get pictures of the girls with their teachers (I'll put Ellie's in her 3yr old field trip day). I'm pretty sure I shed more tears on their last day of school than I did on the first!
Emmie and Mrs. Shelley


Emmie and Mrs. Jessica
Emmie and Ellie with Mrs. Karina, their letter land teacher


And a random side note because I thought this was kind of crazy. I realized I was almost the exact same number of weeks pregnant on Emmie's first day of preschool as I was on her last.

No comments:

Post a Comment