Wednesday, May 20, 2015

A Giant Visit

Last week my brother (aka Giant Uncle Ben) moved from Arkansas to Delaware and he stopped in Greenville for a few days so the girls and I made a quick trip to spend a day with him! We went up Monday night and came back Tuesday night and packed lots of fun into our 24 hours. The girls were so excited to see their Giant!
Tuesday morning they were up bright and early and my mom made waffles and then they went outside to pick some strawberries. My parents have strawberry plants that are growing bunches of strawberries this year! Emmie was super excited to get to pick them!



The girls also got a ride on some Giant shoulders...always a good time!


We also took my mom her Mother's Day present. This year we made the grandmothers stepping stones with the big girls' handprints and Ruthie's footprint. I love how they turned out!

While Ruthie was taking her nap the girls wanted to play in the little pool and Uncle Ben decided to man the hose...the girls had a great time playing in the water!


Later they pulled out the sidewalk tattoos. These were so much fun. You put them on the sidewalk like the tattoos that go on your skin and then you color them with sidewalk chalk. Emmie especially had a great time coloring them.


My dad came home from work early and made homemade ice cream so we could celebrate Ben's birthday. The girls helped churn but sadly I didn't get any pictures. The girls (especially Ellie) LOVE Grandaddy's ice cream!
After dinner we headed back to Columbia. The big girls were OUT as soon as we got in the car...they had so much fun playing. I'm so glad we got to go visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment