Wednesday, May 13, 2015

20 Weeks



I am 20 weeks and 5 days pregnant! It's hard to believe that we're halfway to meeting our sweet baby.
I had my 20 week ultrasound today and am so relievevd that everything looked good with baby! We don't do any of the genetic testing so I'm always a little nervous about the ultrasound. It's such a relief to know that everything is working right and developing as it should! The baby had a little fluid on it's kidneys so they'll recheck that at my 28 week appointment. The tech said the fluid was at the high end of normal so not really concerning. Ruthie also had about the same amount of fluid on her kidneys so we've been down this path before.
I love getting the pictures of the baby and we got a really good profile picture! We didn't get a foot picture (baby had it's feet over it's head much of the time and kept wiggling them around!) but I'm hoping to get one at 28 weeks...the foot picture is one of my favs...I just love baby feet! The girls went with me and Ruthie was oblivious, Emmie was half interested, and Ellie was pretty fascinated. She was interested in the whole process of how the ultrasound worked and the different parts of the baby. Ellie doesn't remember Ruthie's ultrasound so this was all new too her. The big girls loved hearing the heartbeat (also one of my favorite parts). Today the baby's heart rate was 137.



Baby has been moving more and I think that baby moves a whole lot more than what I'm feeling. Baby was wiggling the whole time during the ultrasound and I didn't feel a thing. This baby should be fun to try and swaddle...those arms and legs were going constantly!
Overall I've been feeling pretty well. While I'm still tired much of the time I'm generally not exhausted like I was at the beginning of the pregnancy. I don't have any strong cravings (there were a few weeks of groucho's sauce craving lol) or food aversions but I definitely have a big appetite and am hungry often! I'm also sleeping pretty well which is nice. It helps that baby has moved up a little so it's no longer sitting on my bladder!
Only 19 weeks and 2 days till the due date!

No comments:

Post a Comment