Monday, May 5, 2014

What we've done and what we're doing....

We have been busy, busy, busy and I've gotten way behind on the blog so here's what you've missed!

Before Easter I took all three girls to see the Easter bunny. It was quite the adventure. We went to Sandhills because I knew in the past that it was a lot less crowded than the mall therefore decreasing the chance that the kid behind us in line would pinch Ellie right before it was our turn (which is what happened with Santa). Sure enough we were the only ones there (until Mason and Madison got,there) so the girls had all the time they wanted to check out the Easter bunny without having to get too close. Emmie was all about the bunny and Ellie eventually warmed up to him. Ruthie did ok sitting with him for the pictures then she was done. I was so pleased we got a pretty good picture!

We went and picked strawberries with Clara and Mary Ruth and had lots of fun. The strawberries were ok but the girls and i went back today and they were so good...we will definitely be having some strawberry pie this week!

Ruthie started rice cereal and loves it. It was a pretty messy venture for the first week but she seems to have the whole eating thing figured out now...still messy but much less than before!

Ellie has had a congested cough for a few weeks and when the rest of us didn't get it I figured it was allergies. Well she was pretty puny two Saturdays ago and she ran a low grade fever from Saturday night to Monday morning. So when we went to the doctor for Ruthie's four month appointment I had him check Ellie out and she had bronchitis (which I knew) and an ear infection...no idea she had that! Even after we left the doctor and I asked her if her ear hurt she said no...tough little cookie! 

So we got her antibiotics and she started to get better while the rest of us (except Paul) got the crud. We ended up back at the doctor on Saturday morning when Ruthie woke up wheezing and she's now on a nebulizer a few times a day. 




We've been playing outside a lot and enjoying the nice weather. Sometimes when the shade doesn't come to you, you have to make your own shade!

We went to my friend Kelly's wedding and had lots of fun...she had the best dj!

We spent all day today working on Mother's Day presents. Someone needs to take pinterest away from me!

We have lots going on this next week. We have an extra My Gym class for Ellie since we missed last week and then missed our make up class Saturday because we were at the doctor with Ruthie. We have Ruthie's baptism on Sunday and then the next week is teacher appreciation week at Emmie's school and I'm helping with that. I also have Muffins with Mom on Thursday morning at Emmie's school and I'm so excited! They've been working hard on lots of surprises. (Emmie had paint or marker on her the other day when she came home and she got mad at me when I asked what was on her because it's a surprise!)

No comments:

Post a Comment