Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!

I had such a wonderful (and kind of wild) Mother's Day. We had Ruthie's baptism this morning at church which was wonderful and I will blog more about it once I get the pictures. (It was so crazy getting to church this morning that I didn't get any pictures with my own camera!)


I am so blessed to be the mother of these three sweet babies. I love being a mother and I love my little girls! My daily life is often wild and crazy chasing these three girls around but I wouldn't change a thing about it!


I am also so thankful for my own mother. She has always been there for me and I definitely appreciate her so much more now that I'm a mother! There are so many times that I tell my girls things and after I say them I realize that it was something my mom used to say to me! I am thankful every day that my mom's cancer was found early and that she was so strong though out her treatments. She is a true fighter and I admire her strength and her faith so much. I'm also thankful for all the help my mom has given me over the years as I've adjusted to being a mother myself. For all the nights she stayed at our house when I needed help with new babies, the many days she has kept the girls while I worked, the many meals she has fixed for us (including today!), and the fact that she is always just a phone call away.



Not only was I blessed with a wonderful mother but also with a wonderful mother-in-law. She raised a wonderful man who is not only a great husband but the best daddy to our little girls. I am so thankful for all the love she gave him and for instilling in him the values that have made him such a great husband and father. She has always been so wonderful to me and I'm so thankful for the way that I was welcomed into the Edwards family! She is such a good GG to the girls and is so good at making them feel special. She also has spent many nights at our house helping me take care of new babies, watched the girls while I worked, and made us many meals.



My girls are also lucky enough to know their Mammy. She had 6 children and raised them to be wonderful, wonderful people. She has created a legacy of faith, family, and love that has been passed down through the generations and will continue to be passed down.


I'm also thankful for all those who have "mothered" my children. Their teachers, babysitters, our friends and family members, and countless others who have prayed for them, watched out for them, and loved on them. We are so blessed to have each and every one of y'all in our lives...it truly does take a village to raise a child!


I'm especially thankful today for our sweet friend Clara. She has been our Friday babysitter since I went back to work after Emmie and she'll be leaving us at the end of July (it's really lots of good things happening...she's having another baby and I'm going PRN). Even though we'll still see her often it will definitely be a big change. I had such a hard time going back to work after Emmie was born and what really got me through the tough times was knowing that my baby was in very capable hands, whether it was with a grandmother or with Clara. My girls all love Clara so much (and I'm pretty sure they think Mary Ruth is their sister!) and Paul and I are so thankful that God provided such a wonderful babysitter for our girls...we feel so blessed!


And finally, this is the first Mother's Day since my grandmother died. She was such a big part of my life, especially when I was a child, and I'm so thankful for all the wonderful memories I have of her!




No comments:

Post a Comment