Saturday, May 17, 2014

Swim Lessons

The big girls had swim lessons this past week. We did them with Palmetto Aquatics. The lessons were rained out on Thursday but Paul took the girls today to their last lesson. The girls had a different teacher today and had back to back lessons instead of their lessons being at the same time...which worked out very well when it came to taking video of their accomplishments! All the girls teachers were great. We started the week with Emmie crying through most of the first lesson and Ellie screaming and crying through most of it and now the girls are so ready for the pool to open! Ellie spent all winter telling me she would NOT put her face in the water and now she loves it. Ellie was really funny because on the second day of lessons she still wasn't thrilled but Emmie's teacher was telling Emmie to put her arms over her head and Ellie started doing it...her teacher then realized that Ellie wanted to do what Emmie was doing so she used that as motivation to get Ellie to go under the water and swim lessons were a success for Ellie from then on! I also think I've convinced both of them to let me teach them this summer at the pool. (I taught swim lessons through most of high school and college.) I think they could both be swimming by the end of the summer if they'll work with me!











No comments:

Post a Comment