Monday, April 28, 2014

4 months


I am 4 months (and 1 day) old!
 
  • I weigh 12lb 9oz (18th percentile) and am 23 1/4in (9th percentile). I'm a petite little thing! When she was my age Emmie was 12lb 13oz and 24.5in and Ellie was 12lb 14oz and 24in. Mommy was 12lb 8oz and 25in and Daddy was 12lb 9oz and 23.5in.
  • I wear 3-6mo clothing and a size 2 diaper.
  • Of all the sisters I look the most like Mommy's side of the family.

  • I go to bed at 9:30pm and wake up either around 6 to eat and then go back to sleep for a few hours or I sleep straight through until 8 or 9. I generally take a short little 30-45min nap around 11 and then sleep from about 1-4 in my swing. I sometimes will take a little catnap again in the evening before bedtime.
  • I'm pretty laid back about when and where I nap except for my long nap and for that one I really need to be at home.
  • I go to sleep so easily at naptime and bedtime. At nap I get my pacifier and my swing and I'm out. At bedtime Mommy semi swaddles me(my hands are out by my face but my arms are swaddled) and I get either my pacifier or my thumb or fingers and Mommy puts me in my crib and I go right to sleep.
  • I wake up sooo happy in the morning. I will just lay in my bed and talk and play until someone comes to get me.
  • I just started rice cereal. I started it a few days before 4 months because I had 2 nights in a row where I was up every 2 hours and Mommy was desperate to get some sleep! Since I started cereal I have slept through the night every night. I also get really excited when I see the rice cereal box. Mommy thinks it's really funny when I eat rice cereal because. I chew it in the back of my mouth like it's a piece of steak. I also put my hand over her hand just in case she needs help getting the spoon into my mouth!



  • I suck on my fingers when I'm really relaxed and I usually save my thumb for when I'm overtired.
  • I drool all the time. I go through at least 4 or 5 bibs a day. No other signs of teeth coming in though!
  • I went to Greenville this month to visit Gran and Grandaddy.




  • I celebrated my first Easter this month.


  • I got my first bedtime bottle this month and did just fine that night. (Mommy was very relieved!)
  • I got to take a bath with my big sisters this month. It was so much fun although I got cold pretty quick so I didn't stay in the long.
  • I really like being in the carrier. I get to ride in it during Ellie's My Gym class. I also really like the moby wrap when I'm having a hard day.
  • I love to play with my toys and will reach for them and pick them up.
  • I love music and if other people sing I will sometimes sing along!
  • I LOVE books and love to be read to. Emmie and Ellie read to me all the time. I also like to hold books while we're reading.

  • I'm doing better about riding in the car. I still cry sometimes but not as often as I was.
  • I have a baby doll that my sisters gave me to play with that I love.
  • This month we went to the playgroup Easter party. I loved seeing the ducks and watching the big kids play.
  •  I can roll front to back and back to front.
  • I go to the church nursery on Sunday and Wednesday and they always say what a good baby I am.
  • I love to put my toes in my mouth especially when I'm getting my diaper changed.


  • I smile a lot but don't really laugh. It often looks like I'm about to laugh but no sounds comes out!


  • I get in moods where I will talk and talk and talk. It's pretty funny. Other than that I'm pretty quiet. I like to watch what's going on around me!
  • This month I went and picked strawberries with Clara and Mary Ruth.

  • I like to go on walks in the neighborhood.
  • I will sit in the baby swing on the swingset but I don't like to go very fast at all.
Emmie at 4 months
Ellie at 4 months


No comments:

Post a Comment