Sunday, January 13, 2013

Sweet Sisters

I LOVE how much my girls love each other. I know I say that all the time but I can't even put into words how it makes me feel to watch them play together. Sure, we have days where I spend all day refereeing but honestly the majority of the time they play together really well.
I'm pretty sure they even have a "twin language". You know, you always hear about twins that can comepletely understand what the other one is saying even when noone else does. The other day we were sitting at the dinner table and Ellie was a little fussy and clearly wanted something that we weren't understanding. Finally Emmie looked at me and said "Ellie wants an orange". Now, a few months ago Ellie was really into the little cutie oranges but after a few weeks she started refusing to eat them. I figured Emmie was just projecting (she loves any fruit) but I went ahead and got an orange for Ellie figuring I would give it to Emmie when Ellie didn't want it. Well little miss priss Ellie ended up eating TWO oranges!! After that night I started paying more attention and it doesn't happen every day but a few times a week something along those lines will happen. It's kind of crazy but I love this connection they have!
I love that when Ellie is upset at naptime or bedtime Emmie can almost always get her calmed down. I love how Emmie will read to Ellie and help her put on dress up clothes. Emmie never puts on a necklace without helping Ellie put one on too and if Ellie sees Emmie's shoes in the floor she'll take them to Emmie and try to help Emmie put them on (Ellie has a deep love of shoes and wears them from the time she gets up until she goes to bed and therefore thinks everyone else should wear their shoes all the time as well...but that's a funny post for another day!). I love that Ellie insists on giving Emmie a kiss every night before bed. This is what I hoped and prayed for when I was pregnant with Ellie. I was going through my pictures of this month and I found some great pictures of my sweet girls together!
Pretty Princesses

Ellie's face in this picture cracks me up...I'm sure my brother will come up with a great quote for her!

This is one of my favorite pictures. Ellie LOVES to get in Emmie's bed. One night they both laid down and covered up and so Paul and I told them goodnight and left the room. Well Ellie was out of the bed quick as a flash and suddenly very ready to go get in her own bed! Mousie must have spread the word about what a wild sleeper Emmie is!

Ellie's new thing is to go and sit on Emmie's lap. Emmie doesn't love it usually but I figure it's revenge for all the times Emmie has tried to sit on little Ellie.

I think it's hilarious that they're both playing with their hair in this picture!

Ellie really wanted me to leave her alone so she could eat! Emmie was so cute when I was getting the picnic ready. She got BOTH of their milk cups out and took them outside. One thing I've loved seeing is both of the girls develop an awareness of someone else's needs...things like Emmie getting Ellie's milk as well as her own and Ellie making sure Emmie has her shoes on...and then some days they yell "mine" at each other all day. And I wouldn't trade any of these moments for the world!!

No comments:

Post a Comment