Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Summerville

Paul's 10yr reunion was this weekend in Summerville so we headed down there Friday night when I got off work.
Saturday we all hung around the house in the morning but that afternoon Emily, Gin-g and I headed to the outlets to shop. I had a Banana Republic gift card from Christmas so I had LOTS of fun picking out some new clothes...plus they were having some really good sales. They had khaki pants on sale for $25 and I got a LBD (little black dress) for over 50% off!. These were both items I had been needing for a while and I was super excited to find them! (Thanks to Gin-g for finding the LBD which I LOVE!) I also got some really cute tops. We hit some other stores too while we were there and I picked up some sweaters at Talbots...I really needed new sweaters. All in all I think I did pretty good for the trip! On the way home we stopped at Belk and Emily and Gin-g found another LBD for me...this one is a little more "fun" than the other one. The BR one is very simple and classic and the Belk one has a little flair. I love them both and am super excited that I can mark that off my list!

Mrs. Baker brought her grandson, Hudson, over. He's almost a year old and so cute!

Emmie loves to rub other children's heads!

That evening we got ready and then headed over to the reunion. It was so much fun to have another girl to get ready for an event with...it made me a little nostalgic for my days living in the sorority house! There weren't many people at the reunion but those of us who were there had a BLAST and everyone else missed out on a great time. After the reunion we went with some of Paul's friends to O'Lacy's and did some karaoke...always lots of fun! It was a very late night but we had fun and Paul enjoyed catching up with his high school classmates.

Some of the reunion attendees. (Those who were left at the end.)

Karaoke
Sunday we slept in (and were very thankful for grandparents who took care of the girls so we could!) and then headed back home after lunch.

Some funny things from the girls:
  • Emmie heard about sleepovers somewhere (I think probably Sesame Street because I know there's an episode where Elmo has a sleepover) and she's been talking about wanting to have one for a while so on Friday night when we told her we were going to GG and Papa's she got so excited that she was going to have a sleepover. Saturday morning we asked her if she enjoyed her sleepover and she said yes and that she didn't want to leave her sleepover. So cute!
  • Ellie apparently acquired a tapeworm while we were down there. The child acted like she was STARVING  the whole time! At one point we were standing in the kitchen and she had already been saying "eat, eat" and then she went and sat in her seat and finally she picked up her plate and walked over to Gin-g and said "eat". Hilarious. Poor starving baby! Also, we're all pretty sure that her tapeworm likes milk. The child went ballistic over her milk. She would squeal and do a happy dance everytime you gave it to her!! She enjoys milk but never acts like that! At one point we made Blake taste it to make sure it was really plain milk!

No comments:

Post a Comment