Thursday, January 10, 2013

Homework

For the past few months Emmie will randomly sit down at the table after dinner and tell me she needs to do her homework. Well, to a little 3 year olds delight she got her first "homework" yesterday. She's now going to an art class at My Gym and they had homework this week. We had to pick up our homework sheet today because they ran out last night so tonight after dinner we went up to her desk (which was mine when I was little) and did homework. She had the BEST time and was so proud when she got done...now if only I can still convince her in 10 years that homework is fun!
The art class she's doing at My Gym is new (the first week was this week) and I am so excited about it. They played some games involving colors (I'm getting all this info second hand from Emmie so the details are a little hazy) and then made a color wheel. Emmie apparently had lots of fun mixing her colors together to make new ones! The class ranges from 3-8 so Emmie was the youngest but they said she did really well although they did say she was always the last one done coloring in the "spoke" on her wheel because she was so meticulous. She's such a little type A child!
I was so proud of her for hanging in with the older kids in the class and I loved watching how excited she was about doing her homework. She was even willing to listen to me as I explained her homework assignment to her.

(look at these pictures...my ambidextrous child still hasn't figured out if she's right or left handed!)


So proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment