Monday, January 28, 2013

Randomness

  • Ellie got her 18mo shots and her second flu shot the other day. Apparently those are pretty painful shots because the next day she kept grabbing her leg and saying "ouch". Funny story though. Emmie showed Ellie her bandaids and so after that Ellie because OBSESSED. She would randomly point to them and say "bandaids" and keep saying it until you acknowledged them. When Paul got home she ran across the house, lifted up her dress and poudly pointed out her bandaids. HILARIOUS!
  • Today was one of those CRAZY days. We got up this morning and Ellie had My Gym so we dropped Emmie off at Jackson's and then we went to My Gym. We picked Emmie up and went and picked up Chick-fil-A so I could get my free sandwich, came home and ate, I broke a tooth (whole other story), put the girls down for naps, called a local dentist (I still go to one in Greenville but fortunately my friend Carissa had given me her dentist's name and number a while back so I called them), took a short nap, got the girls up, went to Publix (who of course didn't have Cuties...the only specifically requested item on my grocery list this week) and then came back home and unloaded groceries and took Franklin on a walk. After the walk we came home and I finished getting dinner ready (so I glad I had chosen to go the crockpot route this morning!). We ate very quickly and headed back to My Gym to drop Emmie off for her makeup class since she missed last week. Ellie and I ran over to Bilo to get the Cuties and then ran home and Ellie got a bath and then we went and picked up Emmie and came back home and I threw everybody in bed. CRAZY. DAY!
  • When I was growing up we had family prayer time at the breakfast table and my dad thought it was funny to pray for my mom as "she drives around". She would always say she did more than just drive. Today I felt like I just drove around....I can't imagine what it's like to have teenagers that have to be shuffled from one thing to another!
  • Today the girls had PB&J for breakfast. Emmie kept wanting one yesterday but I had fixed us a pizza for lunch and I had also fixed dinner for us so no PB&J. She started in on it again this morning. Apparently the bowl of cheerios wasn't enough as they'd both already downed one bowl. So I fixed them both one (because what you give one you have to give to the other) and they very happily ate their PB&J.
  • All Ellie did while Emmie was at My Gym tonight was whine about wanting Emmie. Seriously. Then only word out of her mouth from 6:15-7:15 was "Emmie". She was not wanting to go put on her jacket when it was time for pickup but as soon as I told her we were going to get Emmie she was at the door. Let me tell you, we were BOTH glad to see Emmie.
  • I can sign Emmie up for preschool next week. I'm debating how early I need to get there. I'm really hoping not to have to play the waiting list game!
  • It's scary to hear your words come out of your toddlers mouth. Today Ellie was protesting something and Emmie looked at her and very firmly said "I'm not playing that game today Ellie".  It was a little scary. Emmie's already turning into her mother.
  • We're going to Disney World this fall and I've started planning our trip since you can do dining reservations 6 months out. I am soooooo excited about our trip. I know the girls are just going to love all the princess stuff. We are doing lots of character dining events so I know the girls will love that...as long as Ellie's not totally freaked out by it!

No comments:

Post a Comment