Saturday, July 28, 2012

A Day in Pictures

Paul was out of town today so the girls and I had to figure out what to do on a weekend by ourselves! This morning the girls and I rolled out of bed around 7:45 (way to early for my taste, especially since I was up till midnight watching the opening ceremonies) and we settled in to watch some Olympic events.

They're totally into the olympics (it was either biking or swimming on...can't remember which).

Ellie is not too happy that I interrupted her olympic watching to take her picture!

Apparently something was quite funny!

After a bit we got dressed and headed to the grocery store to pick up a few necessities such as milk for Emmie (and then I got home and realized I should have gotten some for Ellie too...grrrr), yogurt for both girls (I feel like I buy them big cartons of yogurt a few times a week...I should take out stock in Stoneyfield Farms), cheese (we go through about a pound a week), and a few items that were on sale. After we got home we played for a bit and watched some more olympics and then it was lunchtime. I got the biggest kick out of Ellie reading her book while she ate...she definitely gets that from her Mama!


After naptime we went and met Dana and Kenzie for a playdate at Edventure. This was the first time we'd been since Ellie started cruising and she had so much fun getting to play like the big kids! She especially liked the shopping cart...she pushed it around and around and around in circles.


Look at those tongues!! Think they're related? (I didin't know they both had their tongues out when I took the pictures...hilarious!)




Contemplating milking the cow. After a few minutes she decided she was a city girl and wouldn't give it a try!


After Edventure we headed to Chick-fil-A for some dinner. The bigger girls didn't eat much but they had a GREAT time playing. There weren't any other kids there so they had the play area all to themselves and Emmie was finally brave enough to climb to the top and crawl around through the tunnels. Usually she's so intimidated by the wild older kids that she won't go more than a step or two up the play area and then she gets scared and upset. I'm hoping that now that she had such a good time playing today she'll be braver when there are other kids around. Even though the big kids didn't eat too much of their food Ellie ate 2 TONS of food...she loves the grilled nuggets! After Chick-fil-A we came home where Emmie had a huge meltdown because she hadn't taken a nap today...grrrr. I read to Emmie while I was giving Ellie her bottle and then Emmie wanted me to put Ellie to bed first. I went and sang to Ellie and rocked her and then came back to rock Emmie and this is what I found.

Poor sleepy baby!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment