Monday, July 23, 2012

Sisters

I have had so much fun lately watching my girls play together and watching how much they love each other. When I was pregnant with Ellie I dreamed of the moments when I could watch my girls play together and love each other. And I dreamed of those moments when I would sit in our big chair to read a book with both my girls and then sing to them and rock them together. Yesterday at naptime I was rocking Ellie and Emmie came and crawled into the chair and Ellie leaned over and just hugged and kissed her over and over and then they both started giggling. It was so cute. The other day Ellie got up from her nap and we went to get Emmie out of the bed (she was reading in her bed) and I let Ellie go in the room first and when Emmie saw Ellie she broke out into a big grin and when she smiled at Ellie, Ellie started crawling super fast over to Emmie's bed. Then Ellie climbed into Emmie's bed and they read together. I really hope they always love each other this much.
Ellie got a picnic basket from my grandmother for her birthday and she and Emmie have had the best time having picnics! Emmie will pull Ellie's chair up to the coffee table and set everything up and then come get me (or another adult) to put Ellie in her chair. They have the BEST time "eating" the food Emmie has prepared. Unknowingly to each other, Paul and I both took pictures of them having their picnics this week.

Ellie looks like she's taking high tea with the Queen!

Emmie always makes sure Ellie is hydrated.

Sometimes it's every man for himself when it comes to food...especially if Emmie's around!

"She did WHAT?!"

Emmie fixing the world's tallest hamburger.


Ellie sharing her food.


No comments:

Post a Comment