Thursday, July 19, 2012

1 Year Old!


I am 1 Year Old!

  • I weigh 20lb 3oz (we don't know percentiles or height because I won't have my well child check for a few weeks but we know my weight because I had a sick visit last week...Mommy will update when she has all the details!). At 1 year old Emmie was 22lb 3oz and 30in, my mommy was 19lb 2oz and 30.5in and my daddy was 19lb and 29 1/4in.
  • I wear a size 9-12mo or a 12-18mo.
  • I sleep about 12-13hrs at night and take a nap after lunch for about 2 hours.
  • I have 5 teeth...2 on the bottom and 3 on the top.
  • I eat 3 meals and an afternoon snack and I drink whole milk with my meals and usually drink about a cup over the course of the day. I love to drink water and my sister is very good about making sure I drink lots of water! I also still get a bottle at bedtime (but that will go away once I finish this container of formula). I get probiotics in my bedtime bottle to try to keep me from getting diaper rash since Mommy can't find a specific food that creates problems.
  • I eat pretty much everything that the big people eat which makes me very happy!
  • I love to drink out of a straw and I'm really good at it!
  • I say "mama", "dada", "that", "sister", "up", "down","dog", "sister", "GG", I also say "Grandaddy but it sounds like "dada" with something before it. I can sign "all done". I will also sometimes sign "more". I will sometimes repeat animal noises but I don't yet say them on command.
  • I communicate very well...usually by pointing at what I want.
  • I started cruising this month and I love being mobile!
  • I can show you my head, nose, mouth (I say "ahhh"), tummy, and sometimes my toes. I like to show others where their eyes are.
  • I give big, wet, sloppy kisses!
  • This month I went to my first baseball game. I had so much fun and while I wasn't so sure about the fireworks at first, after a minute I decided they were ok.
  • I love to wear sunglasses and hats...not so big on bows.

  • This month I had bronchitis again and had to do another round with the nebulizer. Fortunately Mommy caught the bronchitis early and so I didn't have to do the nebulizer too long. I also had my first ear infection this month. The ear infection never seemed to bother me though...we went to the doctor for my bronchitis and Mommy was quite suprised that I had an ear infection!
  • I went to cow appreciation day at Chick-fil-a this month. I was pretty adorable and got some free Chick-fil-a! I love me some grilled chicken nuggets!
  •  I will put my finger to my lips and say "shhhhh".
  • I love my puppy but I really don't try to mess with him too much. I do like to stand beside him and look out the backdoor though!
  • I DO NOT like getting in the carseat...just putting that out there...I'm NOT a fan!

  • I still like going to My Gym but I'm getting to the point where I don't want to stay in the circle during circle time.
  • I love to play in the little pool in the backyard. I also like going to the waterpark.
  • We had my first birthday party at my house and I got to eat a cupcake. It was quite yummy!

  • I can blow kisses.
  • I like to put things in and out of containers.
  • I understand a lot of what you say to me and I'm a pretty good listener. If you raise your voice to me it just breaks my heart.

1 comment: