Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Fun times with Family!

I have a lot of catching up to do on the blog!
Saturday the girls and I went to Greenville. Sadly, my parents were moving Ben to Arkansas and my grandmother was in NC so we missed all the family...the girls didn't seem to affected by the house being empty (I'd explaiend it to Emmie ahead of time) but Franklin was really out of sorts that his Gran wasn't there. Everytime he heard a noise he ran to the back door! When we got to Greenville we ate lunch and I put the girls down for naps. When I got them up Ellie had a rash all over her face and torso...apparently she has an allergy to augmentin (which she's on for an ear infection). After a quick stop to get some benadryl for Ellie we went to a baby shower for Kerri (Ivy's mom). It was lots of fun and I'm so glad it worked out that we could go!


Ivy wasn't there but Emmie had a great time dressing up in her princess gear!

Sunday we hung out at the house and then that afternoon we ended up at the pool at the same time as Fallon and Patrick (my mom's neighbors who have an almost 2 year old little girl and a new baby boy) and the girls had a great time playing. After an afternoon of playing in the pool the girls slept like ROCKS that night...it was great!
Monday Emmie and I got our haircut and then in the afternoon Ivy and Kerri came over and we went to the pool. The girls had a BLAST and we were there for about 3 hours!

On Tuesday morning the girls and I made a quick stop at CVS to pick up Ellie's new antibiotic and  we headed up to NC to see Paul's extended family. We met Gin-g up there and we all stayed at Aunt Suzy and Uncle Clyde's house. They always make us feel so welcome and the girls love them so much! Gin-g went and got Mammy (Paul's grandmother) and brought her over to spend the afternoon. Suzy and Clyde have a piano at their house and Clyde plays beautifully. Emmie had the best time playing the piano and listening to Clyde play.  I love that Emmie is so musical. Ellie also enjoyed the music...she loved listening to Clyde play.


After naps Paul's cousins and their girls came over....Laura Ann, Emma, and Mary Jane. Emmie and Ellie had the BEST time with the girls and they kept all the adults entertained as well! The big girls are always so sweet to Emmie and Ellie and Emmie is sure that she's as old as they are.

Emma spent a lot of time reading to Emmie which Emmie loved!

Ellie felt like such a big girl!

Karla and the girls reading.

Danny, Jennifer, Karla, and Doug were all their for dinner and they're always so much fun to be around. We had a little birthday celebration for Ellie and she loved it! When we walked in the house she spied the cupcakes and really wanted one. We actually had to cover them up so she couldn't see them anymore! Needless to say she was so excited when she finally got to eat one and then she got ice cream too which she LOVES! She also figured out how to work the party thingy (what are those things called anyway?) and she got a kick out of everybody's reaction everytime she would make it uncurl!



Ellie LOVED Suzy's fried okra!



yum yum yum




After dinner Ellie opened her presents and everyone was so sweet and brought Emmie presents too.  the girls put on a fashion show for us...Emmie was in heaven and the girls were so cute helping Emmie get ready! I got pictures of their first fashion show but I didn't get any of the big one...the girls were all decked out though!

Mary Jane getting Emmie's dress all situated.


Best moment of the trip? When I went to put Ellie to bed Laura Ann came with me and I told her I was going to rock and sing to Ellie. She asked me what song I was going to sing and I told her "Jesus Loves Me". I was sitting in the rocking chair with Ellie and the next thing I knew Laura Ann, Emmie, Mary Jane, and Emma were all sitting on the bed across from us singing "Jesus Loves Me" to Ellie. It was about the sweetest thing I've ever seen and just completely captures the loving hearts that these girls have.

Wednesday Aunt Sonja and Uncle Allen came over for lunch and then we headed back home.
We had such a good trip!


1 comment:

  1. Believe it or not - I was just visiting a friend with a newborn girl and she was telling me about her neighbor Fallon with babies the same ages as ours. She also told me "everyone knows Fallon!" so it really is a small world. So fun!

    ReplyDelete