Saturday, July 14, 2012

Ellie's First Birthday Party!

Today we celebrated Ellie's first birthday. It's hard to believe that it's been a year since we welcomed Ellison Rachel into the world...she has grown so much and gone from a grumpy baby to a happy, loving almost toddler! She has changed our lives, for the good, in so many ways and I just love watching her learn new things...she gets so excited when she figures something new out! It was so nice to have our family and friends with us to celebrate Ellie's birth and we're very thankful for the part they have played in helping us raise our sweet Ellie Belly!
I was so glad that both girls were patched up and feeling much better so they could enjoy the party. They both finished their nebulizer treatments this morning and the steroids are working their way out of Emmie's system and it's so nice to have her almost back to normal!
We had her party at our house and we set up the kiddie pool outside so that the kids could play. It rained earlier in the day but was nice and sunny by the time the party rolled around. We put two tents up in the yard which provided great shade for the pool and the adults supervising the kiddos!
Ellie-phant cupcakes! It's a lemon cupcake with a blackberry icing that I found on Pinterest. The elephants are made of marshmallow fondant, also from pinterest. They were super easy to make and they tasted delicious!
Paul's mom did the flowers and they were so pretty...she always does such a great job!

This picture didnt' come out well but it's Ellie's birthday sign.

The table. This was only some of the food...we had tons!

Ellie's birthday hat. Laura made it out of leftover material from Ellie's shirt and I grabbed some poms at Michael's and decorated it.

I saw this on another blog and fell in love with the idea. Every year you get everyone at the party to sign a book for the birthday girl (or boy). I think it's an amazing keepsake!

Now the big birthday outfit reveal. about a two weeks ago I realized I didn't have a birthday outfit for Ellie...I'd been tossing around a few ideas so I had to commit to one and go with it...I'm so, so thrilled with how this turned out...better than I could have imagined it!
 I picked up this bow at Hobby Lobby. Did you know they sell bows...and really adorable ones at that...I had no idea but I do love Hobby Lobby and I wish that we had one closer to our house.
Ta-Da! how cute is this! One of my coworkers, Laura, appliqued this onesie for Ellie and put her name on it. It turned out better than I could have imagined...thanks Laura! I made her tutu thanks to a quick tutu making lesson from my friend Sally. It was so easy and I love how fluffy it turned out. I was worried it would get in her way when she was crawling but she didn't seem to have any problems!

I heard there were cupcakes...girl on a mission!

I just love the tutu from behind!


A girl and her puppy.

3 generations.

Our family...we might not all be looking the same way but nobody's screaming so I count this as a success!
4 generations.

Ellie, Mommy, and her grandmothers.

(By the way, when we were posing for all these pictures all the male relatives were upstairs watching Elmo's Potty Time with Emmie - note that she was downstairs some of the time getting her picture taken yet the guys were still watching Elmo...we're glad that this party was not only fun but educational!)

My mom, Emily, Paul's Aunt Shirley, and Chesnee (and as Emmie would quickly remind you Baby Olivia is in Chesnee's tummy...Emmie's a little obsessed).

Will cut our grass and then vaccumed...you'd better believe we'll be inviting him back soon!

How many adults does it take to change a swing? haha!

My dad...the life of the party.

And if you fall asleep at the party it's possible a small child will dump a bucket of water on you...hahahaha!


Mikey

Mason

Lucy was so sweet pushing Emmie on the swing.

Lucy and Emmie eating...they had the best seats in the house!

Emmie and Ellie had so much fun playing with their friends and I somehow managed to miss Evelyn and Libby with my camera...it's hard to keep up with all the kiddos!
Also, after everyone left my Aunt Donna and Uncle Stewart stopped by. They'd been in Charleston visiting my cousin so they didn't make it to the party but we were very happy to see them!
Ellie with her hat on getting ready to eat her cupcake!

Happy Birthday Ellie!

Giving Ellie a sample bite of cupcake.

Yumm...she ate all of her cupcake but so neatly. It is funny that she and Emmie eat their cupcakes the same way...icing first and then the cake.

Another family pic.

"I showed that cupcake who's boss."

We opened presents after everyone left and Ellie got so many wonderful things. Some adorable outfits, cute toys and  lots of books (and amazingly we didn't have ANY of them already...pretty impressive feat if you've seen our book collection...I can't wait to read all the new books!). She also go the WORST. PRESENT.EVER. If you'll remember from Emmie's party, she also go the WPE. Both girls LOVE the one that Emmie got when she turned one so in order to be "fair" (or that's their story) Ben and Abby (and Elizabeth but I'm pretty sure my sweet Goddaughter is the innocent party in  got this obnoxious little ride on toy for Ellie. Let me explain...NO volume control, NO off switch, and VERY loud. We definitely called and harrased them a lot. Elizabeth turns one in February and Paul and I can't wait to go to Toys 'r Us and find a present even more obnoxious than this one!




Happy Birthday Ellie Belly! We love you so much!
Love,
Daddy, Mommy, Emmie and Franklin

No comments:

Post a Comment