Thursday, February 2, 2012

Why I Love Living in South Carolina...

There are many reasons I love living in SC such as being close to family, great college footbal, sweet tea, and gritsl but a big reason I love SC is that we can play outside in FEBRUARY in 70 degree plus weather! The last few days have been GORGEOUS! The last 2 days  in fact have been over 70. LOVE IT!
Yesterday we ate lunch outside and then played for awhile. I hated to put the girls down for naps because I didn't want to miss a minute of the beautiful weather (but I wanted happy babies so we had naptime!)! Emmie is really big into picnics so she fixed us a "picnic" on Ellie's quilt outside (2 feet from the actual picnic table and I think there was some pretend cleaning products served at the picnic but whatev).



I feel like there will be many picnics in our future...love to see my girls playing together!





Today we went to the Children's Garden with my friends from work Christina and Lindsay and their kiddos Jackson (yes, THE Jackson that Emmie talks about all the time!) and Mason. We all brought lunch and had a picnic and then the kids ran around and played. Mason is sooo close to walking on his own and it's hard to believe that a year ago Emmie had just taken off with the walking. Time flys!
It was really nice that Ellie was big enough to somewhat participate in the activities and I can't wait until she can really get out there and play with everybody...so much fun! We decided that we're going to have to have picnics at the Children's Garden on a regular basis. I think the moms enjoyed it as much as the kids.
Jackson and Emmie are both newly potty trained and they have porta pottys there but Christina brought Jackson's potty too. Emmie decided she wanted to try the porta potty and she walked in and said "YUCK!" and turned around and went and used Jackson's potty. A wise decision my little friend!

Love this pic!

We tried to get Jackson back up there but couldn't quite get everyone coordinated!

It's been about a month since I've seen Mason and he's grown up sooo much. I think he's grown about 5 inches and he looks like a little boy instead of baby! It's hard to believe that Ellie will be at that stage in only 6 months...eek!

I love Mason looking at Jackson. This was the best picture I could get of all 4 of them...I'm pretty sure everyone is looking in a different direction...haha!

Jackson is practicing in case he has to wrangle the alligator in the lake.


This was Ellie's first sandbox experience and she LOVED it. It got to be her naptime and she was happy as could be playing in the sand. Oddly enough she diidn't try to eat it...I thought all kids tried to eat sand.

Yes, that is a bow hanging out in her hair without a headband...this is a super bow that only requires a few hairs to stay clipped in!

hi Christina!


Jackson was my little buddy. We hung out and layed in the sand together. He's such a sweetie!

The kiddos looking for alligators. Christina was worried about Jackson deciding to take a swim but all the pictures I took have Emmie about to climb over the fence!

No comments:

Post a Comment