Monday, February 6, 2012

Emmie time

I love having our girls so close in age but some days I feel like I'm so busy juggling children that I don't give either one of them enough attention and some days I feel like I've only given Emmie negative attention all day (those would be her "two year old" days!) and some days I feel like I've just been dragging Ellie around all day and haven't given her any attention at all. I look forward to the girls playing together and going places together as they grow up but I think it's equally important that they have some time when they get 100% of our attention and get to do something fun with either mom or dad (or both of us!). So, yesterday after lunch Emmie and I headed to Riverbanks Zoo for some mother-daughter time! I was so excited to spend the afternoon with my sweet girl and we both had such a good time. The trip was all about Emmie. We moved through the zoo at her pace and if she wanted to go back to an animal then we did and if she wanted to skip an animal then that's what we did. I love having a two year old because everything is new and exciting and so much fun to them. I wish I had video of how excited she was when she saw the little train and how excited she was when she asked to ride the train and I said yes. I also loved how much she laughed when she fed the goats...she thought it was great. I was super proud of how brave she was when we were feeding the little birds that land on you. They would land on me and she would stick her arm out every once and awhile like she wanted one to sit on her arm and she never was quite brave enough to have one sit on her but I was so impressed that she wasn't scared to death of how close they were. We had so much fun on our outing and I'm definitely looking forward to more fun outings with each of my girls!
getting ready to go

Emmie fell asleep on the way to the zoo (we went during naptime). She was sitting in her seat playing and then put her sunglasses on (upside down) and went to sleep...pretty funny!


The gorilla was right up at the window which was very exciting...many times we've been and not seen the gorilla at all.

The whole way through the zoo Emmie kept talking about wanting to see the elephants. We got to the elephants and as soon as she laid eyes on them she said "i want to see the giraffes"...funny girl! She did mention that the elephants had very big ears!

Riding the train!


We took a picture of the llama to show Ellie...she has a lot of the llama llama red pajama books.

feeding the birds...emmie loved getting to do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment