Tuesday, February 14, 2012

7 Months



Happy Valentines Day...I'm 7 Months Old!

  • I weigh 15lb 3oz.
  • I wear 6-9mo clothes and a size 2 diaper.
  • I take 2 naps a day, one at 10 and one at 2 I usually sleep 1 to 1.5hrs. I take my naps upstairs in the pack & play where it's quiet so that my nap doesn't get interrupted. This arrangement works quite well.
  • I sleep from 7:45ish - 7:30ish. It usually takes me until about 10:30 to completely settle myself down for the night.
  • I nurse 4 times a day and I also get a bottle after my 4pm feed...usually about 2 ounces...I just need a little extra! I eat 3 meals a day of baby food.
  • I eat a wide variety of baby foods now (that Mommy makes for me) and one of my new favorites is yogurt (just to clarify, that comes from the store...Mommy's not that good..haha).
  • I'm kind of a picky eater. I don't care much for bananas, carrots, or mango. I'm hit or miss on squash. When I don't like what's on my plate or I'm full I close my mouth and pretend I'm chewing when Mommy tries to feed me more.
  • I LOVE to drink water out of a glass.
  • Mommy's started giving me some finger foods. I've tried sweet potatoes and cheerios. I will pick them up in my hand (I do a REALLY good job picking up cheerios) but I haven't figured out the whole getting the food to my mouth part. I love when Mommy puts a cheerio in my mouth for me...they're yummy!
  • I am becoming more and more tolerant of tummy time and I wiggle my legs a lot like I'm trying to go forward but I still do "flying" arms.
  • I'm working on standing up and my legs are starting to get stronger.
  • I'm really REALLY good at grabbing things...no matter how far away they are. Mommy's pretty sure I have gorilla arms!
  • I can clap my hands...it's super cute!
  • I seem to have great hand-eye coordination.
  • We started going to the library for toddler storytime and I do such a good job of sitting quietly and listening to the story...I want to be just like the big kids!
  • This month I got my hair done for the first time...at Salon Emmie!



  • We had some beautiful days this month and we had lots of picnics and went to the Children's Garden. I played in the sandbox for the first time and LOVED it!



  • I love my swing on the swingset. I like to go high.

  • I've started enjoying listening to books and sometimes after Mommy does my bedtime feeding I get to go read with Daddy and Emmie and sometimes Mommy just reads me a book in my room.

  • This month Emmie got pottytrained so I spent a LOT of time in the bathroom. Overall, I've been quite the trooper about having to hang out by the toilet.
  • I'm learning the basics of peek a boo. I will turn my head away and then I love it when I look back at Mommy and she says "peek a boo"!
  • I celebrated my first Valentine's Day today. My Daddy brought me a flower...he's such a good Valentine!



This was Emmie at 7 months and here is her 7 month post.
Mommy thinks Emmie looks a fair amount like me in this picture...we definitely have different head shapes though.

1 comment:

  1. Our kids have traded! Eliza is over 18lbs at 7 months=) Cute to watch them develop!

    ReplyDelete