Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Monday Musings...on Tuesday

  • Sometimes when I've had a really tough day at work or I've worked a lot of days in a row I come home and get Emmie out of her crib and rock her. I've been doing this for quite awhile...maybe since she was around a year old? I can't remember exactly. She sleeps right through it all and it makes me feel better. It makes me think of the children's book  Love You Forever where as the little boy grows up his mom comes into his room at night when he's asleep and rocks him...it's so good for the soul to rock a sweet baby! I look forward to when I can do the same thing with Ellie...right now I barely even breath in her room when I check on her at night for fear of waking her up!
    amazon.com
  • I read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo awhile back and just finished The Girl who Played with Fire....SO GOOD...the second one was better than the first which doesn't happen very often in sequels! I just started The Girl who Kicked the Hornet's Nest...hopfully it'll be excellent as well. 
  • Last night I made Pioneer Woman's hamburgerwith caramelized onions and bleu cheese....SO GOOD.

  • On the way home from church Sunday Paul and I were talking about how happy Ellie is on the way home from church every week. From the time Emmie started going to church at 2months until she started taking one nap a day, around 9 months, she screamed all the way home from church almost every week...and I mean SCREAMED. This is the one instance where Ellie's ability to catnap works in our favor. She gets her little 20-30min nap at church and is good to go until the afternoon nap.
  • Emmie still screams a lot when she gets too tired. Sunday she didn't take a nap and was EXHAUSTED by bedtime. I was feeding Ellie and Paul was trying to get Emmie ready for bed and she just got hysterical. She ended up coming in Ellie's room and just screaming the whole time I was feeding Ellie and then she crawled up on my lap beside Ellie and cried the whole time I sang to Ellie. Sweet Ellie kept trying to pat her back and Emmie got so upset everytime Ellie touched her. Ellie had good intentions and I love that at so young an age she was trying to comfort her sister!
  • Every year for Valentine's Day Paul gets me one of the Russell Stover heart boxes of chocolate. The chocolate's really not that good but it's kind of fun to eat half of each one to find the good ones! This year the box had the chart in it that tells you what each chocolate is...NO FUN...takes all the mystery out of it.
  • Emmie's doing so well with the potty training...every now and then she has an accident if she waits too long to go to the potty. She's doing great with the pooping in the potty too now...it didin't take her too long to figure it out! I really feel like I didn't do much at all to help her...she was soo ready to do it on her own!
  • Sometimes I wonder what our life would be like if we'd decided to wait to have another baby. I know it would probably be a lot less hectic but I just can't imagine not having my sweet Ellie-belly (a mean nickname I know but it's' such a cute rhyme!) and I love having the girls so close together in age...I hope they will be the best of friends as they grow up!

  •  I'm going to stop breastfeeding Ellie. I've already been supplementing after her 4pm feed and if she didn't eat lunch right after her noon feed I'd have to supplement then. She's clearly hungry after I nurse her and I just hate thinking that she didn't get enough to eat and then I have to get a bottle ready too so it's just going to be easier to give her bottle all the time and know that she's getting enough to eat. I think I have enough milk stored in the freezer for about a month and then we'll switch to formula...not quite sure what kind yet...maybe Similac Sensitive? I don't know much about formula because I never used it with Emmie...I think Ellie will need something on the "sensitive" side.
  • Saturday Ellie ate 10ounces of baby food at lunch...HOLY COW! I didn't think she was ever going to stop eating! Usually I'm doing good to get 3-4 ounces in her at lunch...can we say growth spurt?
  • Saturday I went to Publix and my bill was $245...I paid $115...a 53% savings...yay! They're having their italian days sale and I STOCKED UP. It was a good thing I didn't have the girls with me because there wouldn't have been room for either of them in the cart.

No comments:

Post a Comment