Friday, April 1, 2011

Funny Story

Yesterday started out like a normal day...Emmie got up and I fixed her breakfast. and I ate her breakfast (haha...thanks to my mom for pointing out my error...I promise I don't take the baby's food!).  Usually I eat breakfast at the same time as her and I read the paper while she shovels food in her mouth as fast as she can.  Well I was a little behind yesterday and had only finished half my breakfast by the time she was done with hers.  So, I figured I'd clean her up and take her out of the highchair and then finish my breakfast.  So I wiped her down and brushed her teeth and went to take her out of her chair and she put her hand out and said "No".  I asked her if she was ready to go play and she once again put out her hand and said "No".  (By the way, the other day in the car she sat in her seat and practiced saying "no" while we drove down the road...I'm dreading the terrible twos!)  Anyway, I figured maybe she thought she could convince me to give up some of my breakfast if she stayed at the table...ha!  So I finished eating and went to get her out of her chair and she did the same thing again!  At this point I had no idea what was going through her head...babies are so funny.  Sometimes she likes it if I give her a section of the paper to read while I read so I pushed her back up to the table and gave her the Belk ad...she sat there for at least 5 minutes and flipped through the ad over and over again before she was ready to get down and go play...funny, funny girl!


(This picture is my favorite!)


Just to update on our lives since I haven't really blogged all week.  We've been stuck outside due to this super yucky weather and the beginning of the week was kind of rough...she really missed being able to play outside!  The week got better though.  We went to My Gym class Wednesday afternoon which they ended up cancelling because not enough kids showed up so we're going tomorrow instead..but we got about 30min of play time in while we were waiting to see if anyone else was coming.  We also went to free play Thursday evening...always a fun time. 
Our big outing on Thursday was Emmie's first trip to the library!  I'm not sure how she made it this long without a trip to the library...anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE to read.  We went to the downtown branch and they have a fabulous kids area.  She colored and did a puzzle and hugged all the stuffed animals and read some books and then we checked out some books to bring home and read...including 2 "Mousie" books (ie. the If You Give a Mouse a Cookie books).  For those you who don't konw she sleeps with her stuffed mouse that came with If You Take a Mouse to the Movies so we were super excited to get some new Mousie books to read.  Sadly, she read the pages off of If You Take a Mouse to the Movies...I'm not kidding...the pages are all falling out of the spine she's read it so many times and then last week she had the book in the crib and tried to push it through the crib rails and the book just couldn't handle it....but it's ok...I have the book memorized so I can recite the book without the words.  Anyway, back to the library, I got the schedule for the children's programs so we're going to try to get to some of those...they sound like lots of fun...reading and singing and puppet shows and such...I know Emmie will love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment