Monday, April 18, 2011

16 months

 
I am 16 months old!

 
  • I wear a size 4 diaper.
  • I wear 18-2t shirts, 18-24mo dresses and pants, and 24mo-2t pajamas.
  • I have 8 teeth, 4 on the top and 4 on the bottom, and I'm working on some molars...lots of drooling and a runny nose involved with the teething!
  • I sleep about 12-12.5 hours at night and take a 1.5-2 hour nap after lunch.
  • I started eating regular oatmeal (as opposed to baby oatmeal) this month.  I like to eat it with my hands!
  • One of my favorite foods this month has been pears.
  • I can be very strong willed at times but overall I'm a very happy girl with a sweet personality.  If someone's holding me I will often pat them on the back! 
  • I'm very good at independent play.  I will play by myself for an hour or so at a time!
  • I like to watch Sesame Street.  Elmo is my favorite!
  • This month I went to Red Robin with my GG, Papa Coach, and Mommy and I got to eat a chicken and cheese quesidilla and apples off of the kid's menu!  I felt like such a big girl and I ate almost all of my food!  They also gave me a kid's menu and some crayons to color with.
  •  This month I learned how to drink out of a straw and I also learned to say "straw". 
  • I learned the sign for "read".  I LOVE to read and Mommy and I started going to one year old storytime at the library this month...it's sooo much fun and at the end they have BUBBLES!


  • This month I started actually walking around the neighborhood with Mommy instead of riding in the stroller.  I only get to do it when we go for a walk in the mornings (less traffic) but it's sooo much fun!
  • I went to the park a few times this month.


  • This month Mommy and I discovered the Children's Garden which is at Clemson Extension across from Sandhills.  It's really fun and is designed for kids that are my size.  The best part is that Franklin gets to go with us!





  • I went to the zoo with Liv this month.


  • I LOVE my hairbows!

  • This month Mommy was able to put my hair in a rubberband.  It stuck straight up!
  • I have a slight obsession with my sunglasses.
  • I know lots of body parts.  I know eyes, ears, nose, mouth, head, hair, tongue, hands, feet, toe, knee, and tummy.
  • I've gotten really good at signing "please" but I'm not so good about communicating what I'm saying "please" for.  We're working on that though!
  • I love all my shoes but especially my Sunday shoes.
  • I think it's funny to try to blow my nose.
  • I love to play with Franklin and one of my favorite ways to torture the little puppy is to take his toy when we're playing tug of war and lay on top of it so he can't get it back.  Mommy told me this wasn't very fair so I try not to do it now but sometimes I just can't resist.
  • I love to play outside!
  • I've recently become very interested in my baby dolls.

  • I went to Arlie's birthday party this month.
  • I still love going to My Gym!  I'm working really hard on learning to jump so I can jump on the trampoline like the big kids!


No comments:

Post a Comment