Thursday, April 28, 2011

A Busy Day...with no pictures

We did lots of fun things today but sadly I didn't get any pictures...just too busy!  This morning we got up, ate breakfast, and Emmie turned her oatmeal bowl over on her head...that's right...she picked it up and put it on her head!  Luckily, she had eaten most of the oatmeal!  After scraping the oatmeal out of her hair we went to the library for 1 year old storytime.  It's so funny because Emmie has gotten to the point that she can go to My Gym and it doesn't really wear her out anymore but the library exhausts her!  Guess she's still getting used to going there.  They had a puppet show this week which she LOVED!  Everyone in the room was highly entertained by her reaction to the puppets and after the puppet show the librarian mentioned that they were having a puppet show storytime in the afternoon.  After storytime we ran to walmart real quick and then went home.  Emmie was so tired when we got home that I put her down a few minutes early for her nap BEFORE lunch...and you know how much my little girl loves lunch...she was sooo tired she didn't care!  I threw some laundry in and took a nap myself.  I woke up about an hour later STARVING.  I have been soooo hungry today...for breakfast I ate 3 pieces of tost and a container of yogurt and was still a little on the hungry side but by then Emmie was dumping oatmeal on her head so I got sidetracked from stuffing my face.  Ellie must be having some kind of growth spurt!  Emmie woke up from her nap about the same time that Meredith, who grew up in my church at home and now goes to USC, got to the house to babysit Emmie while I went to my OB appointment.  My appointment went great...my blood pressure is holding steady at 130s/80s and Ellie is measuring at exactly 28 weeks and her heart rate is in the 130s!  I ran home after the appointment and apparently Emmie, Franklin, and Meredith had a great time!  I grabbed Emmie and we went to the puppet show at the library.  She had sooo mcuh fun watching the puppets!  Equally entertaining for Emmie was the little girl sitting in front of us who was apparently wearing her halloween costume...a giraffe!  Emmie was obsessed and she had everyone in the room laughing.  After a while she went over and sat near the giraffe...she was really funny...the little girl was probably about 5 and didn't quite know what to make of Emmie!  After the puppet show we grabbed dinner and then went to My Gym for free play.  It was a mad house tonight...bunches of kids who apparently all wanted to play in the ball pit at the same time but Emmie had a great time.  After that it was time for bath and bed.  I wish I had some pictures to show you from the day.  Next time we go to the library I'll definitely take the camera...you never know when you're going to run into a giraffe!

No comments:

Post a Comment