Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Videos

Many months ago I got Emmie a bucket with different shaped plastic pieces inside (square, circle, star, etc) and the lid of the bucket has holes for each shape.   I love this toy because she has stayed interested in it for so long.   When she first got it she would take all the pieces out.  Then she learned to put them back in (without the lid on).  The other day I started working with her on putting them into the bucket throgh the proper hole in the lid.  Yesterday she started propping the pieces sideways in the holes but didn't really understand that they should go through the hole into the bucket.  Today, voila!  She's mastered the circle!  Our next task is learning that different shapes go in different holes.  Right now she wants to put everything in the circle hole.  She was very proud of herself for her accomplishment!


One of Emmie's favorite things to do during the day is push her wagon around the house.  She is getting better and better at it.  That means she's also getting faster and faster and since the wagon doesn't steer very well that means that I spend much of the day following around behind her and steering the wagon!  We have lots of fun though!  I've been meaning to get this video for awhile and so while I had my camera out today I put her behind the wagon to get some film!


Next film?  Emmie crawling up the stairs!  She did this over and over and over at my parents house and had a great time.  She doesn't get to do it as often at our house because our stairs are behind a closed door but I try to let her go up a few times every day.  She loves it so much!  I've ttied to film it a few times but I've finally decided I need another person...one to hold the camera and one to stand behind her and make sure she doesn't decided to go backwards (which involves a head first dive down the stairs)!  I just can't get good video when I'm standing behind her and since I don't want make a trip to the emergency room we will wait until Paul's home to do that video!

No comments:

Post a Comment